Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-15-2010, 05:12 PM   #1
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
What is the most expensive e-book you've purchased?

I just paid $41.72 for an e-book from Amazon.

Do I win? Has anyone paid more for an e-book?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post

You win... I am glad this is a contest that I have lost... by ALOT!

(I'm looking forward to buying some more Steve Jordan books considering his recent price drop.)

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:

You win!

Now, come over here, so we can fit you with this nice white jacket with the cute little straps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
<snip>

(I'm looking forward to buying some more Steve Jordan books considering his recent price drop.)

BOb
Me too! (once Kestral 3 is up-- hint, hint )
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:27 PM   #4
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I should add that I paid the money knowingly and willingly for a book that was not recently published!
Old 03-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #5
Nakor
Addict
Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre
No, the people who bought this book win.

Check out the reviews. XD
Nakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2010, 05:36 PM   #6
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakor View Post

WOW! $6,431.20!!! They win for sure!

But those folks saved $1,607.80 (20%) off the list price, so they really got a bargain!
Old 03-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
What?????

what book?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:43 PM   #8
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
What?????

what book?
You talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?

If you are, the book I purchased for $41.72 was What the Face Reveals: Basic and Applied Studies of Spontaneous Expression Using the Facial Action Coding System (FACS) by Paul Ekman (Editor) and Erika L. Rosenberg (Editor).

Fans of the TV show Lie To Me will probably recognize Paul Ekman as being the researcher whose work forms the basis for the premise of that fictional show.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-15-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:53 PM   #9
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
You talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
Nope not talking, just making faces!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:09 PM   #10
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Nope not talking, just making faces! ...

Isn't that God's job? or nature's?

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-15-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:10 PM   #11
Nakor
Addict
Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:

Isn't that God's job? or nature's?
Definitely nature's, assuming cats and dogs can be considered members thereof.
Nakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:40 PM   #12
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Definitely nature's, assuming cats and dogs can be considered members thereof.
In their case, perhaps making faces is the job of Anubis and Bast!
Old 03-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #13
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:

Nope, the most I paid was $9.99 and that was for a book my daughter needed for English class.

Quote:

I didn't realize that writing witty (or half-witty ) Amazon reviews is a flourishing genre until recently. Everyone already know about the Three Wolf Moon T-shirt?
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:47 PM   #14
stxopher
Nameless Being

The Merchant of Death. Bought it for a nephew. 6 bucks.

Oh sure, 6 bucks seems reasonable so why is it the most expensive book (out of 751 currently) in my purchase history?

Simple: Nephew liked book>nephew basically good kid with no cash reserves>pitiful puppydog eyes helped elicit a promise>book is part of a 10 book series, all available digitally thus readily purchasable (curse you, ebooks!).

6 actually cost around 70 and thus my stance that The Merchant of Death cost me $70. Most expensive book I've bought.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:45 PM   #15
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:

Not on your Nelly. The most I've paid was US$15 for the new Honor Harrington ARC book. I just couldn't wait for it!
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote