Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
Tramsden
Tramsden began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Azw3 email syncing?

Hi
I currently email my .mobi format books to amazon cloud so I can have synchronised books between my paperwhite and iOS devices.
It seems folk are saying the azw3 formatted books are better for fonts. Firstly is this true. What does azw3 give over mobi.
If I format change mobi books to Azw3 via calibre and email to amazon cloud will I inherit the advantages and synchronisation I want.

Tony
Tramsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #2
omega34
Enthusiast
omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
In the future, you should convert to AZW3 due to better font formatting with features such as dropcaps, embedded fonts and tables that MOBI does not have.
omega34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
Can you email AZW3 to @kindle.com? I tried doing it before and the email was returned.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #4
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
Can you email AZW3 to @kindle.com? I tried doing it before and the email was returned.
No. Amazon does not support e-mailing of AZW3 (yet?). Mobi (or AZW) are fine. If this has changed, I'd love to know it.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
No. Amazon does not support e-mailing of AZW3 (yet?). Mobi (or AZW) are fine. If this has changed, I'd love to know it.
That is correct. The Send to Kindle app doesn't recognize AZW3, but does recognize mobi and AZW.
Advert