Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #1
loximuthal
Connoisseur
loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: NST, Kindle Fire, iPad2
Kindle3, FW 3.1 - Caliber not seeing it

I've been using Calibre longer than my Kindle, and up till now they worked very well together. Unfortunately that is no longer true.

Background: I've been upgrading Calibre fairly regularly, including to 0.7.46. My K3 originally had 3.0.2. I had installed the jailbreak and screensaver hacks. I've been watching the discussion about what 3.1 does to the jailbreak and finally decided that I would uninstall the hacks, update to 3.1, and wait for a new jailbreak so I can go back to my own screen savers.

Prior to updating the firmware Calibre always recognized my Kindle when I plugged it in. Now it does not. It simply does not react to it at all. I even tried rolling back to the previous version (0.7.45) which I am sure worked properly, to no avail. Thus it seems that the problem is with my firmware. On the other hand, nobody else seems to be complaining about this problem, despite the number of people on the forums that have updated their kindle to 3.1.

If it matters, I've got a Mac OS X 10.6.6. Thanks for any help, suggestions, etc.
loximuthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
loximuthal
Connoisseur
loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Apologies. Just saw the sticky about Calibre not seeing devices. I will run through those steps and report back.

Sorry.
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #3
loximuthal
Connoisseur

OK. Color me idiot. I had accidentally disabled the Kindle 2/3 plugin. Re-enabled and all is well. Sigh...