Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-24-2007, 06:39 AM   #1
tororebelde
No es el toro que piensas
tororebelde began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
Is possible a new toolchain with updated libc?

Hi all,

After spent some days to try to compile qt-embedded and qtopia under out beloved vmware enviroment I reached to know why I wasn't able to compile them

When configure compiles qmake (a esential qt tool) and extrange error arises:

qlocale.o(.text+0x116e4): In function `qdtoa(double, int, int, int*, int*, char**, char**)':
: warning: warning: feholdexcept is not implemented and will always fail
qlocale.o(.text+0x1172c): In function `qdtoa(double, int, int, int*, int*, char**, char**)':
: warning: warning: fesetenv is not implemented and will always fail

but process continues (as is just a warning). When configure ends, do a make. It start building libraries until the src/gui directory is reached, then the following happens:

/home/developer/qtopia-core-opensource-src-4.2.3/bin/qmake -spec ../../mkspecs/qws/linux-generic-g++ -unix -o Makefile gui.pro
free(): invalid pointer 0xa18dd44!
free(): invalid pointer 0xa18dd10!
make[2]: *** [Makefile] Error 126

Funny, isn't it?

Ok, I found that this may come from the libc libraries we are using because they are 2.3.3 (Antartica's toolchain). Of course if I try to compile the Qt libs under my home distro there's no problem (I'm using libc 2.3.6)

Very suspicious ... At this point is when I got a problem, because don't know if could be possible to update the libc libs we are using to compile (at scratchbox).

I will still do tests to give you a working Qt libs for iLiad, but if someone can help me I'll appreciate it!

I'll also communicate any new advance ...

Javier
tororebelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:25 AM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Pardon my ignorance, but why not just download, compile, and install libc within the scratchox environment?
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2007, 10:03 AM   #3
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by tororebelde
Ok, I found that this may come from the libc libraries we are using because they are 2.3.3 (Antartica's toolchain). Of course if I try to compile the Qt libs under my home distro there's no problem (I'm using libc 2.3.6)

Very suspicious ... At this point is when I got a problem, because don't know if could be possible to update the libc libs we are using to compile (at scratchbox).
Adam is right. You can compile another libc alongside the one installed in the scratchbox environment (AFAIK, Adam did it for gnumeric), and compile/link against it.

The toolchain has such an old version so as to be compatible with the one included in the iliad firmware.

It is rather easy to generate another toolchain with an up-to-date libc, but as it would not be compatible with the iliad firmware, one would have to include it with every program (and it's somewhat large).

Perhaps in the future when Matthijs et al release the flashing procedure, we can arrange a firmware with a more recent libc, but until then, I think that it's better to do what Adam proposes.

Good luck with the port!
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:29 AM   #4
tororebelde
No es el toro que piensas
tororebelde began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B.
Pardon my ignorance, but why not just download, compile, and install libc within the scratchox environment?
Oh, really I think is MY ignorance that I wasn't aware I can do that without troubling with the scratchbox environment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antartica
The toolchain has such an old version so as to be compatible with the one included in the iliad firmware.
Yeh, that's the same I thought. And you're right: it increases the size of our future distributed apps until we can update some libs on iliad without worrying about get a bricked device, but just I'm want to get a functional Qt application running on iliad, and if I get it I will be a very very happy iliad user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antartica
Good luck with the port!
Thanks dudes! I will soon send you my progress / contributions.
tororebelde is offline   Reply With Quote