Notices

Old 01-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #1
Katdragon
Connoisseur
Katdragon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (currently out of commission), Kindle 3
Kindle Touch - Book titles acting weirdly

Hi everyone,
I've got a Kindle Touch and have been putting up with this problem for a while. Basically my items are displayed as: Series group - Author name - Title - Series number (ie BC - Tamora Pierce - Bloodhound (02)). Then underneath I have the name of the author again.
However for some of my books the author name in the title isn't there. I'd like to make all of my books like this (I'd also like the series to be displayed in the correct order when going through the items by title but I don't think that's going to happen). This is also happening with books that aren't in a series. I've attached an image so you can see what I mean.

Thanks so much

P.S.
I've been sorting books using Calibre if that helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle1.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	98545  

Last edited by Katdragon; 01-01-2013 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Original image didn't show the bottom part of the kindle
Katdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If your book titles are coming out like that, it's because you've got a plugboard set up in Calibre to change them to that. Edit your plugboard definition and change it to produce whatever title format you want to have. The only reason that the author's name wouldn't be displayed would be if there was no author in the book's metadata.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #3
Katdragon
Connoisseur
Katdragon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (currently out of commission), Kindle 3
Thanks so much
I reset to default and everything is looking good.
Katdragon is offline   Reply With Quote