Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-08-2020, 12:23 PM   #61
thaiminhan
thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: oasis 9th vs kobo aura one
first time try on my Kobo Aura One and work well thanks
thaiminhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 11:36 AM   #62
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Any chance of adding an option to flip the wifi disable switch in Nickel?
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2020, 07:41 AM   #63
gogu1904
Connoisseur
gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One LE
Hello,

I start KOReader with

menu_item :main :KOReader :cmd_spawn :/mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/koreader.sh

and without kfmon installed. KOReader does not update to the last nightly via wifi. I need to do the standard update via manually unarchiving the files using a host computer.

Is this a temporary glitch with KOReader or a proof that I meesed with the setup of NickelMenu?
gogu1904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:39 AM   #64
albare
Connoisseur
albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kobo h2o
I use koreader now with nikelmenu without problems. No kfmon installed.
I update koreader to verify and update ok.

Enviado desde mi SM-A705FN mediante Tapatalk
albare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 12:07 PM   #65
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@gogu1904: You're quite probably not running a current nightly in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Because I know someone is going to try this: you can perfectly well ask to launch KOReader via a NickelMenu cmd_spawn... as long as you're running KOReader >= 2020.05 (right now, that means a current nightly).

Otherwise, stuff may be subtly broken (inside OR outside of KOReader).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2020, 12:36 PM   #66
gogu1904
Connoisseur
gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One LE
Well, it was v2020.04.1, but you may be right, it might have been dated April twenty-something, not May. Thank you!
gogu1904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 11:49 AM   #67
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
NickelMenu v0.0.3

This release contains minor bugfixes and improvements.
  • Main menu items are now inserted above the `Settings` item rather than `Help`.
  • The separators between main menu items now have consistent coloring with the other items.
  • Additional whitespace around the quiet and timeout arguments for `cmd_spawn`/`cmd_output` is now normalized.
  • An example for starting Telnet/FTP has been added to the documentation.
See the release on GitHub for more details.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 01:32 PM   #68
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
FTP
Patrick, why are dot files not visible? And it’s possible to fix it somehow, the matter is clearly not in the client, but in ftp on Kobo.

Great work, and the new menu looks very neat.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:11 PM   #69
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Semwize: That appears to be a limitation of the ftpd applet from the stock busybox. It works just fine with a recent busybox build instead.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:58 AM   #70
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That appears to be a limitation of the ftpd applet from the stock busybox. It works just fine with a recent busybox build instead.
Thank you so much

I tried to run as /usr/local/BusyBox/busybox ftpd
And all folders are visible. Gorgeous now, thanks.
Old 05-15-2020, 06:23 AM   #71
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Great tool! Thanks @geek1011

I'm currently successfully running the following config:

Quote:
menu_item :main :KOReader :cmd_spawn :quiet:/mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/koreader.sh
menu_item :main :Plato :cmd_spawn :quiet:/mnt/onboard/.adds/plato/plato.sh
menu_item :main :Web Browser :nickel_extras :web_browser
menu_item :main :Rescan Library :nickel_misc :rescan_books_full
menu_item :main :Reboot ower :reboot
I suspect syncthing could easily be launched like this too. Didn't try yet though.

Edit: Offtopic

It's actually the first custom stuff launcher I've tried. I wasn't too fond of trying the others.
So this was the first time I also tried CoolReader for kobo (vlasovsoft). Jesus, it's so so bad ) I'm almost tempted to port the PocketBook version I made to Kobo. If I just had the time...

Last edited by brucelee; 05-15-2020 at 06:32 AM.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 04:14 PM   #72
DevonHess
Can't actually read
DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kindle PW2
Quote:
@Semwize: That appears to be a limitation of the ftpd applet from the stock busybox. It works just fine with a recent busybox build instead.
How did you fix this exactly? Update the busybox installation on their Kobo, or maybe install a new version separately?
If you could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.
DevonHess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 05:25 PM   #73
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@DevonHess: I ship a current busybox build in KoboStuff.

Busybox being a multicall binary, it can easily be unbundled from there with a bit of manual labor.

(Under absolutely no circumstances should you actually *replace* the stock busybox binary, though. Among other potential issues, a fairly immediate one is that I don't build the init applet ^^. And even if I did, it's a potentially terrible idea, don't do it.).

(Speaking of, I am currently working on making said packaging slightly less painful, because shipping 2 full python setups is a tiny bit insane).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-15-2020 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:59 AM   #74
Semwize
Guru

I would also add that busybox build from NiLuJe solves the encoding issue. The stock applet did not display the Cyrillic.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:33 PM   #75
DevonHess
Can't actually read
DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kindle PW2
Quote:
@DevonHess: I ship a current busybox build in KoboStuff.
@NiLuJe I installed and tweaked my nm config and now everything is working perfectly, thank you.
DevonHess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, launcher, ldpreload, nickel