Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-22-2019, 05:54 AM   #1
Kayne
Kayne began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 (PB632)
Books syncing issue (Touch HD 3)

Hi,

I recently got a pocketbook touch HD 3 (PB632) and tried to put some books in it (with my PC and USB cable).

Everything was working fine but curiously, after a few book transfers, when I unplug my reader the newly imported books don't show up anymore. The reader don't tell me that new books were imported and i can't find them in my library.

Once the bug appears, any book imported won't show up on the reader. Deleting a bunch of books and tries to sync again sometimes (temporarily) solves the issue.

This seems to happen mainly when I import thousands of books at once, I tried with Calibre too but no changes... (I was able to import more books until the bug but I don't know if it's correlated...). The factory reset did nothing too...

Any Ideas ?
Kayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:21 AM   #2
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Try importing a few at a time see what happens, do you really need thousands of books you can only read one at a time.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2019, 08:01 AM   #3
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
I had a similar issue and I*think it was related to my computer going into a kind of standby mode/sleep.

1. Try to import only a few books at a time.

2. Keep your computer active during the whole transfer.

3. Be sure to eject/unmount the device before you unplug.
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 04:07 AM   #4
Kayne
Kayne began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 (PB632)
Thanks for your help!

I tried to import less books at once and for now it works.

Last time I'm pretty sure my computer was active the whole transfer (I was using it), and I think I've unmounted the device everytime but anyway, I keep you updated if this happens again!
Kayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, calibre, pb632, pocketbook, sync