Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #196
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1972 View Post
Has anyone with the slow entry to sleep mode tried a factory reset, I've noticed that previous updates don't always go smoothly leaving a glitchy system but a factory reset seems to sort everything out.
I suspect it has more to do with the number of books on the device. I use almost 4% of the available/advertised capacity which isn't conducive to speed on the Kobo.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #197
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1972 View Post
Has anyone with the slow entry to sleep mode tried a factory reset, I've noticed that previous updates don't always go smoothly leaving a glitchy system but a factory reset seems to sort everything out.
Yes, I tried a factory reset and directly to 2.10.0 and no difference. If I remove the uSD card which reduces the number of books from ~1850 to 17, the delay seems to disappear.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #198
bbrady42
bbrady42 has a spectacular aura aboutbbrady42 has a spectacular aura aboutbbrady42 has a spectacular aura aboutbbrady42 has a spectacular aura aboutbbrady42 has a spectacular aura aboutbbrady42 has a spectacular aura aboutbbrady42 has a spectacular aura aboutbbrady42 has a spectacular aura aboutbbrady42 has a spectacular aura aboutbbrady42 has a spectacular aura aboutbbrady42 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo
I use the in-book stats for side-loaded kepubs *all the time*, mainly to see how far I am from the end of a chapter. I *really* don't want to lose that functionality.

But I also synch via wifi regularly when I download or archive Kobo purchased books.

So am I just stuck with one or the other? If I synch via wifi is there no way to prevent my Glo from updating to 2.10?
bbrady42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #199
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrady42 View Post
I use the in-book stats for side-loaded kepubs *all the time*, mainly to see how far I am from the end of a chapter. I *really* don't want to lose that functionality.

But I also synch via wifi regularly when I download or archive Kobo purchased books.

So am I just stuck with one or the other? If I synch via wifi is there no way to prevent my Glo from updating to 2.10?
Myabe try changing the affiliate. I earlier someone mentioned that their Glo was still on 2.6 and it turned out to be due to their affiliate so fine one which isn't being updated and then you could have both. Maybe? (there's no guarantee but if that affiliate hadn't changed from 2.6 to 2.8...how likely is it they'll update to 2.10? )
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #200
Angemon
Enthusiast
Angemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Yes, I tried a factory reset and directly to 2.10.0 and no difference. If I remove the uSD card which reduces the number of books from ~1850 to 17, the delay seems to disappear.
I can confirm this. I removed my uSD card (32GB, ~4GB free) and the delay to enter sleep mode became almost unnoticeable (for the record, the internal memory still has ~2GB free). The number of books in my uSD (572) is almost the same than before the 2.10 update (i finished reading 6 volumes of manga and removed them from the device).

Last edited by Angemon; 11-06-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Angemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #201
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't see the advanced setting menu option to adjust font weight and sharpness?
Helen
Old 11-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #202
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I don't see the advanced setting menu option to adjust font weight and sharpness?
Helen
Funny, I never had the Advanced Menu to adjust font weight and sharpness until I upgraded to 2.10.0. Now I have it. I tapped the Aa menu at the bottom of screen while in a book, and there it was.

This is with a side-loaded epub.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #203
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
tried just now to sync : no update came, so it seems it's not yet released in France I can't wait...
Nor it is for spanish speakers... I wonder if I changed the language the download would force...
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #204
speakingtohe
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
Funny, I never had the Advanced Menu to adjust font weight and sharpness until I upgraded to 2.10.0. Now I have it. I tapped the Aa menu at the bottom of screen while in a book, and there it was.

This is with a side-loaded epub.
Where is it? It used to be beside the font style selection box.

Thanks

Helen

Apparently it disappears if you have Document default as the text choice. It is still there for other fonts. Big oops on my part

Last edited by speakingtohe; 11-06-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #205
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by susaz View Post
Nor it is for spanish speakers... I wonder if I changed the language the download would force...
No, it is not language dependent but distributor dependent.
If you want to you can connect your ereader to the comp, go into the .kobo folder on the ereader, open the affiliate.conf file in a text editor, change the value from kobo or fnac or whatever to mondadori so it reads [General]
affiliate=Kobo
Mondadori
instead of [General]
affiliate=Kobo (or FNAC or Rakuten or whatever), exit, disconnect, sync (or sync via kobo desktop, then disconnect. It will install/reboot. You can change the affiliate.conf file to what it originally said after all this if you want.

Last edited by Nightyume; 11-06-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #206
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Where is it? It used to be beside the font style selection box.

Thanks

Helen

Apparently it disappears if you have Document default as the text choice. It is still there for other fonts. Big oops on my part
Aha, that is why I never saw it before. Before I upgraded to 2.10.0, I had Document Default selected, but when I upgraded to the new firmware, it reverted to Georgia. Time to play with fonts, I think.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #207
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrady42 View Post

Bbrady, you don't lose the "Chapter 1 - Page 4 of 27" footer on sideloaded Kepubs with 2.10; you only lose the additional stats screen (the one that says how many hours are left to read in this chapter and shows a bar chart of all the chapters in the book). The standard Kepub footer is there for all Kepubs, whether downloaded from the Kobo servers via Wi-Fi or sideloaded via Calibre (even if they started as ePubs or another format on Calibre).
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #208
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Has anyone else noticed the pocket button in the browser yet? And used it?

Regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #209
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Yes to both. Another one if you have a book with an external link in it, when you press it, you get prompted whether to open in the browser or add to Pocket.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:42 AM   #210
extremescramble
extremescramble is a marvel to beholdextremescramble is a marvel to beholdextremescramble is a marvel to beholdextremescramble is a marvel to beholdextremescramble is a marvel to beholdextremescramble is a marvel to beholdextremescramble is a marvel to beholdextremescramble is a marvel to beholdextremescramble is a marvel to beholdextremescramble is a marvel to beholdextremescramble is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura HD
2.10 came to my Aura HD in the UK today.
Pocket is going to be very useful for me 😊
extremescramble is offline   Reply With Quote