Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-04-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
ELM327 OBDII module

Just wanted to say the I just got my cheap ebay ELM327 bluetooth OBDII module (for automotive diagnostics) and have successfully paired it up with my PE.

Running the "torque" app it communicated beautifully and even enabling the option to speed up the information speed worked perfectly!

My only issue was the lack of information available through the Torque software but as with most apps, it's always a work in progress!

I was pessimistic about whether the PE's bluetooth would work with this or not but it worked perfectly! When I paired it I got the "paired but not connected" message but once I loaded the app it then connected and worked fine.

THIS ONE on amazon looks just like the one I got. I'm sure it's a "clone" but worked well enough on my '98 Windstar! It comes with windows software but I'm happy to see it working on the PE!

MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:32 AM   #2
garyhgaryh
Zealot
garyhgaryh began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTec View Post
Just wanted to say the I just got my cheap ebay ELM327 bluetooth OBDII module (for automotive diagnostics) and have successfully paired it up with my PE.

Running the "torque" app it communicated beautifully and even enabling the option to speed up the information speed worked perfectly!

My only issue was the lack of information available through the Torque software but as with most apps, it's always a work in progress!

I was pessimistic about whether the PE's bluetooth would work with this or not but it worked perfectly! When I paired it I got the "paired but not connected" message but once I loaded the app it then connected and worked fine.

THIS ONE on amazon looks just like the one I got. I'm sure it's a "clone" but worked well enough on my '98 Windstar! It comes with windows software but I'm happy to see it working on the PE!

How much did it run ya? I'm really interested as I have 7-8 cars!
Gary
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2011, 12:21 AM   #3
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
I actually found mine on ebay for $19 with free shipping. That ebay one looks like it's about $25 or so.

The torque app I downloaded is pretty limited though. Apparently the "pro" version which costs like $5 has many more features but also requires access to gmarket to buy it which I don't have.

I just tested mine on my g/f's '03 Corolla and it worked flawlessly as well. She was actually playing with it while I was driving and somehow managed to access a lot more features so maybe it's not as limited as I thought!

I see there are other apps available.. I'll update with other ones I try.
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:09 AM   #4
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
http://mobileplanet-waryam.blogspot....8-android.html
Will this solve your Torque pro problem?
[edit]
I DLed and made sure it was the right app, then uploaded it below.
Attached Files
File Type: zip t098.zip (2.63 MB, 439 views)
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote