Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 05-24-2023, 06:13 PM   #1
arpeggioaccele
light mode user
arpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: I use the Calibre ebook-viewer on macos and Apple Books on ios.
Change Viewer System Color?

I don't think changing the system color from white on black and black on white is possible, based on https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=349545 but maybe someone else has tried.

I want to change "day" system color to be black on beige and the "night" system color to be white on blueish grey. (To match the theme of my notetaking application, Obsidian.)

Thus far I have resigned myself to black on white because it doesn't actually matter and I haven't found a any good alternatives since the calibre viewer is so good.

I know you can put in custom CSS, but I would like there to be a different color based on the system dark/light mode. Let me know if it is possible with CSS lol.

---
I could have sworn I had the "day" system color as something other than white five minutes ago... or not? I'm hallucinating or I might have forgot some obvious setting, sorry.
arpeggioaccele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 10:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can either have the viewer follow the system color scheme in which case you dont have control over the actual colors used but the viewer will follow dark/light of th esystem or you can set your own color scheme with whatever colors you like, but then it wont follow system dark/light.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 10:38 PM   #3
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
As such has become somewhat common in other apps now that so many are used to light and dark themes, perhaps an option to choose used theme for each mode?
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
css, dark mode, style, system, viewer