Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-05-2009, 04:43 PM   #1
synic
synic began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
How to get the time to display

Is there a way to get the time to display on the status bar while you're reading a book?
synic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:39 AM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
there was a hack posted on a russian forum to do this. it was mentioned in one of the therads in this forum. look around youll find it.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
It's here: http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9726, in Russian.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:59 AM   #4
anyone
Enthusiast
anyone began at the beginning.

Device: none
Has anyone made a translation into english or german of this yet?
anyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:40 AM   #5
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyone View Post
Has anyone made a translation into english or german of this yet?
http://translate.google.com/translat...ZYL%26num%3D50

you can translate any site you know

cough cough http://translate.google.com/translat...state0=&num=50
Advert
Old 06-10-2009, 06:44 AM   #6
anyone
Enthusiast

Not really..there could be small important things only a human translation might do right. And i dont want to mess up my reader because of a stupid machine translation.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:51 AM   #7
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I looked at Google translation, it seems ok.

Here are the steps from that version:
1. Download the base package russification (or this if you want to download the firmware with the clock). Unpack the zip-archive to the SD or Memory Stick PRO card to the conservation of directories.
2. If a reader is off, turn it on.
3. If the reader is connected to the USB, unplug it from USB.
4. If the card is not in the slot, insert it into the slot.
5. Expect the menu to appear.

From here it's clear in the machine-translated page.

I have applied this to 700, used SD and it took 30 seconds. My main reason was to have Cyrillic, having the clock on bottom right corner is a bonus.

At the end:
Disclaimer: The damage caused to your device by the firmware attached here or made their own images, the authors of this method does not bear responsibility. Ways out of the permanent state of waiting until the update is not known.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #8
Andybaby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyone View Post
Not really..there could be small important things only a human translation might do right. And i dont want to mess up my reader because of a stupid machine translation.
You want to flash your reader with an unauthorized modification that voids the warrenty. you want to take a risk. and if you read the google translation its fine. I've read worse "guides" written in english.

if you want to do a modification before there is a firmware update so you can restore you are taking a risk.

Last edited by Andybaby; 06-10-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:17 PM   #9
anyone
Enthusiast

So the Clock is a bonus...then what does it do mainly. Messing anything up? Not that i end up with my reader completely in russian after this.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #10
ddavtian
Addict

My reader is not Russian after the flash :-), menus and every thing else are still in English. But it also has Cyrillic fonts so it can display Russian books correctly. Also, I have an option of English/Russian virtual keyboard.