Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 12-31-2013, 07:14 AM   #1
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
More help needed. Automatic HTML entities conversion

Hi guys, another strange issue here that Kovid cannot replicate.

The new (as 1.17) feature about HTML entities conversion into unicode characters does not work in my Calibre 64-bit installation but it works in my Calibre 32-bit installation. My PC is running Windows Vista 64-bit (obviously).

Please, could you test it on your machines?

Link to Calibre bug tracker here (bug report #1265147)
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
None breaking space entity produces an A0, instead of the numeric 160 entity on my Windows7 64 bit machine.

The hellip entity is replaced by dots on my machine. Ampersand remains named as does greater than. Euro entity shows as the symbol. The copyright entity is replaced with the copyright symbol. Is this the expected behavior? I thought that everything would be converted to numeric entities which would remain entities in the code window and display as the desired character in the preview window.

By the way, the update to a numeric character only occurs if typed in correctly. If typed in wrong then updated, then no change. It does get fixed in book check, except for ampersand and greater than, which remain the same.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
All entities are replaced by their unicode character equivalents, except the five xml entities. & < > ' and " Replacing XML entites without doing a full parse can lead to invalid markup. Numeric entities are never used anywhere.

And entity replacement happens only when you type the trailing semi-colon on a correct entity. Try to do entity replacement every time you type anywhere is too much of a performance hit.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Thanks for the explanation, Kovid.

I appreciate your choices which make for a very responsive program.

Happy New Year..probably is already over there!
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote