Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-11-2023, 09:26 AM   #1
omar
omar began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle Paperwhie Conversion Issue

Hello, I've got the kindle paperwhite 10th generation, and I was wondering if I can convert Arabic PDFs to AZW3 or docs, First I tried using k2pdfopt.exe that makes pdfs better on kindles, it works great on English pdfs and gives better result (azw3 still better but at least it's acceptable and readable) but trying k2pdfopt on Arabic pdfs is not good as it cuts off essential parts of the page content, I tried opening the Arabic pdf immediately on word and let word make the conversion then take the doc file and convert it on calibre to AZW3 and it didn't work too. [ English pdf -> word file conversion -> azw3 works amazingly but as Word does not have Arabic OCR I think so it does not work well],
lastly, I tried NAPS to make an OCR to my pdf then try to open in word then to AZW3 but it didn't work too, may anyone here have another solution or I should give up about that? Thanks for reading and excuse me for bad English it's not my native language.
omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 10:29 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
There are many kinds of PDF content and most convert poorly or not at all.
Also unfortunately the computer industry is very Latin/Roman font orientated.

I'm sure I've lots of English PDFs that neither work well with k2pdfopt, which is about the best tool, nor well with OCR (font, scan quality etc).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 08:29 AM   #3
omar
omar began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
So should I give up about this? 😭
omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 10:46 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
So should I give up about this? 😭
Unless you know a great Arabic copy typist.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote