Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-23-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
We made Page 3 of the Business Journal!!

Dear All:

In our continuing efforts to get some publicity on the Pocket PRO and make the market aware, we were recently contacted by the Business Journal and they did a nice article on Astak and the Pocket PRO.

Here I have included it as an attachment. We are very grateful top the Business Journal. This is a fabulous Business Newspaper and we hope you will follow it!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Business Journal 10232009.pdf (807.3 KB, 407 views)
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Congratulations on a very nice article, Robert. But your desk is messy with all those paper things on it!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2009, 09:06 AM   #3
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Hi Robert,

Great article. I did not know Astak was the size company it is.

Sent you a PM Robert.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:19 AM   #4
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
did they mention all the issues the PP is having? Painted finish that is having a failure rate which has reached the point of ridiculousness, battery/charging issues, "miscommunication" with the factory over the use of a standard Nokia battery, USB port instability...

Yeah, nice article...sure makes up for the frustration caused for all the people who trusted Astak to provide a non-defective device. Somehow I don't think patting one's self on the back is appropriate given the number of unhappy customers that are turning up here...whatever helps you sleep I suppose.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:47 AM   #5
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
did they mention all the issues the PP is having? Painted finish that is having a failure rate which has reached the point of ridiculousness, battery/charging issues, "miscommunication" with the factory over the use of a standard Nokia battery, USB port instability...

Yeah, nice article...sure makes up for the frustration caused for all the people who trusted Astak to provide a non-defective device. Somehow I don't think patting one's self on the back is appropriate given the number of unhappy customers that are turning up here...whatever helps you sleep I suppose.
I had paint issues, which I posted about here, and returned my PP for a replacement, but I wouldn't categorize myself as an unhappy customer. I suspect others feel the same way. I'm happy for their exposure in this article.
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2009, 11:20 PM   #6
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:

You are a very negative person when it comes to the Pocket Pro. Of the faults you mention EVERY ebook reader has had similar issues. Check out the Kindle forums, and Sony Reader, you'll see they all have battery/charging issues, USB issues - of recent there have been Kindle 2's with the 5-way button splitting in half.

What does matter with these reported faults is how the company deals with it. Astak from day one have been very active in replacing these defective units and accepted full responsibility - very honourable company in my book.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #7
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Breck

I was in the same shoes as you in regards to finding an ebook reader. There were choices out there, and there were negatives to them all. I put those issues aside and looked for one that fit my needs; replaceable battery, removable storage, portable, and format support. I found it. Yes, there are cosmetic issues, and as Solicitous pointed out, every reader has issues.

Find a device that suits your needs, and get one. If you find that it does not suit your needs, send it back for a refund and try another. Instead of knocking the companies down, at least give them a chance first. Only then can you make statements like you did above. Otherwise you're trolling.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:25 AM   #8
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
And my response is my attention to the failures of Astak both in practice as well as pre-sales comments are better for potential buyers than the blinder-wearing cheerleaders. I have commented that obviously Astak is trying, then they turn up with yet another fail, incorrect comment or promise.

I do not care if all people do not get warm fuzzies...my comments are based on observations of how Astak has conducted business here on MR. Just like "The new batch of readers are PERFECT" sort of comments and what happened? more problems with your granny's thighs again. Might not be as wide spread as before but there are still probs cropping up...

Injection molded colored plastics are not that difficult...then again some folks find a way it seems. The obvious issue was not enough time was spent developing the formulas for each color (you realize the chemistry for each color is going to be different, right?). So the factory went with generic, apparently grey cases then coated them. Astak would have been better off waiting on color, selling what the factory already knows how to make, giving themselves the time needed to develop their formula for each color.

And I am not being critical of other members of MR, at least not those who are not here hawking their wares...just holding a company accountable for their words and actions. And no I don't give credit for "taking care of their customers" after shipping a defective product in basically the entire first round of shipped devices. Pretty much the laws say that have to do it...also as Astak is bsed in California, we have a lemon law which does not apply to only vehicles. Yeah, they are losing cash on this fiasco, but guess what? It is their own fault.

Last edited by brecklundin; 10-26-2009 at 06:30 AM.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:51 AM   #9
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
And my response is my attention to the failures of Astak both in practice as well as pre-sales comments are better for potential buyers than the blinder-wearing cheerleaders. I have commented that obviously Astak is trying, then they turn up with yet another fail, incorrect comment or promise.

I do not care if all people do not get warm fuzzies...my comments are based on observations of how Astak has conducted business here on MR. Just like "The new batch of readers are PERFECT" sort of comments and what happened? more problems with your granny's thighs again. Might not be as wide spread as before but there are still probs cropping up...

Injection molded colored plastics are not that difficult...then again some folks find a way it seems. The obvious issue was not enough time was spent developing the formulas for each color (you realize the chemistry for each color is going to be different, right?). So the factory went with generic, apparently grey cases then coated them. Astak would have been better off waiting on color, selling what the factory already knows how to make, giving themselves the time needed to develop their formula for each color.

And I am not being critical of other members of MR, at least not those who are not here hawking their wares...just holding a company accountable for their words and actions. And no I don't give credit for "taking care of their customers" after shipping a defective product in basically the entire first round of shipped devices. Pretty much the laws say that have to do it...also as Astak is bsed in California, we have a lemon law which does not apply to only vehicles. Yeah, they are losing cash on this fiasco, but guess what? It is their own fault.
Actually, my blue was solid. I believe all the colours were solid colours. The one maroon we saw an image of had a gray battery cover that had been painted, then coated (or so it looked). But, the problem wasn't with the color-injection molded plastic, it was Jinke's decision to coat the unit in a rubber sheathing.

Yes, the sheathing makes the unit have a nice smooth fuzzy feel, but ultimately, I'd rather have something that won't bubble, fold, split or rip. My 2nd replacement should be sent out today, and I should receive it sometime this week. I really can't complain too much, though. Unlinke some companies, Astak too care of the shipping both ways, both times. Last time i had to seen a product back for repairs, I was out the shipping.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote