Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM   #376
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I didn't say it was poor or not good. To be the best, it has to be better then every other front light and it's not. I don't think there is the best.
I don't have strong feelings about the quality of frontlights. I think they are all pretty good now. However, the Glowlight 3 is the only 6" reader that offers the color change. So I could see it being considered best in class.

Honestly, it was just the way you said it's not the best, but then never backed it up in any way that intrigued me. I thought maybe you had one that was the best and a reason for it.

Quote:
So the nG3's partitioned memory is better then the Aura2's non-partitioned memory?
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I was talking about the hardware. Even in the message you quoted I did say "While I like the Kobo software, I'd give it up today for the Glowlight 3 if they hadn't so severely partitioned the memory" so I'm pretty sure you knew what I was talking about.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM   #377
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I don't have strong feelings about the quality of frontlights. I think they are all pretty good now. However, the Glowlight 3 is the only 6" reader that offers the color change. So I could see it being considered best in class.
The Tolino Vision 4HD has a color changing light and it is using 6" Carta screen. I can't say which is better.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM   #378
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The Tolino Vision 4HD has a color changing light and it is using 6" Carta screen. I can't say which is better.
We don't have Tolino here.

Because I'm a nerd, if/when I take a trip to Europe, I plan on going into stores to check out the different e-readers available there.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:33 PM   #379
javyn
Enthusiast
javyn began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I've used it a lot and can tell you with certainty, the Toledo is total DELETED - ed.

Last edited by issybird; Yesterday at 03:02 PM. Reason: Language
javyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM   #380
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post
I've used it a lot and can tell you with certainty, the Toledo is total DELETED - ed.
Reference deleted. Could you have found a less offensive way of saying that in your opinion, the "Toledo" is garbage?

On a different note, where did you obtain your Tolino ereader and which model was it? Shipping to North America does not seem popular with a lot of European etailers.

Last edited by issybird; Yesterday at 03:04 PM. Reason: Quoted language.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM   #381
rcentros
Grump
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST & ST w/GL, Kindle Basic 5 (NT), Touch, Basic 8, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post
Before today I don't think I even knew the Tolino existed. Now I'm curious why it was (is) "garbage."
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote