Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-17-2019, 05:56 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Goodreads Sync issue

Copied from the general Calibre forum

Am pointing to these items in config.

sync.common_utils import (NoWheelComboBox, SizePersistedDialog,
ReadOnlyTextIconWidgetItem, get_icon, CheckableTableWidgetItem, ReadOnlyTableWidgetItem,
ImageTitleLayout, KeyboardConfigDialog, CustomColumnComboBox)

Not sure if this is something, but I noticed that I have a lot of plugins that rely on the common utilities from Calibre to set their gui dialog boxes.

I have been having a problem with dialog boxes not showing their headers because there doesn't seem to be enough room. An example would be the Goodreads Sync plugin. When I try to configure the plugin there should be 6 columns (active, shelfname, count, tags, add actions, and sync actions)

I am not able to see the sync actions. It is the last shelf. I noticed that if the previous fields take up "too much" space, then that last column gets dropped. If I stretch the dialog box across my screen, I just get a super-wide add shelves column, but I still am missing that sync shelves column. There is no division and no column name. I can scroll across and there is just a predominantly blank field.

This happens elsewhere.

Is it possible that in the Calibre Utilities there is some width restriction on dialog boxes and columns that prevents the scrollbars to include those dropped columns?

Is there some way of preventing a maximum width in dialog boxes with scrollwheels?

This happens a lot in various areas in Plugins and within Calibre. I found that if I go and remove the .json for the plugins then restart from nothing, then I get the columns. So, somewhere in Calibre there is some kind of command that limits the width of table columns in wheelboxes that prevents columns from either showing at all, or showing in the entire box. Tag Manager is a common problem I have. Can't ever get to see all the columns at once. I have hierarchical tags which means they are longer.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote