Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-06-2019, 04:52 PM   #42361
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Hi:

Yeah, but y'know...you know what it's like, pretty much, to be "owned" by a small business. Granted, it's your parents' but still. There's ALWAYS something to be done. This week, I've been plowing through our 22,000 font faces, getting them reorganized. Recreating a file repository, for the clients and the downloads we give 'em, etc. There's just no getting away with a single day off that's fine, or during which you can NOT think about everything you're NOT doing, y'know? At least, I never seem to be able to turn that off.

Hitch
I know. But you do need to take time for yourself or else you burn out. I have my reading and arts and crafts. My father plays billiards twice a week. Just find something to do for yourself, even if it's just a couple of hours a week or 15 minutes a day. I find that arts and crafts work best for me not to think about the store, or the Family Thing. I put some music or a podcast on, get my supplies out and just create. It really helps calm me down. I'm trying to get myself to do it every day, even if it's just a 15 minute sketch or doodle, but I'm not there yet.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 01:48 AM   #42362
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I know. But you do need to take time for yourself or else you burn out. I have my reading and arts and crafts. My father plays billiards twice a week. Just find something to do for yourself, even if it's just a couple of hours a week or 15 minutes a day. I find that arts and crafts work best for me not to think about the store, or the Family Thing. I put some music or a podcast on, get my supplies out and just create. It really helps calm me down. I'm trying to get myself to do it every day, even if it's just a 15 minute sketch or doodle, but I'm not there yet.
I know. It's just not how I roll, as they say. Tightly wrapped, apparently.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:11 AM   #42363
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Waiting for the pasta to cool, then I can start chopping and adding the other ingredients for pasta salad.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:38 AM   #42364
5thWiggleWife
Why? What have you heard?
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
Pretending to work.
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:51 PM   #42365
Ralph Sir Edward
Gentleman & Cynic
Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook/Openinkpot, CYbook 3rd gen awaiting RTF software upgrade
Attempting to start Hardy Hibiscus cuttings. Lord Baltimore and Peppermint Flare.

(I'll need a lot of luck. The only thing I've even been able to root from cuttings is a salvia. . .)
Ralph Sir Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:27 AM   #42366
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Calculating how to best stow equipment in a small van, that I am going camping in very soon! Plenty of load space but equally plenty of camping gear!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:58 AM   #42367
Rumpelteazer
Wizard

Making a shopping list. I still need to get some items for my sister's birthday present and I need to get a three protective covers for kitchen knives (which I want to bring with me when I'm going house sitting from next week).
Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM   #42368
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW2, various Android devices
Finding out if I can make it out of Seattle DCI with my sanity.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:05 PM   #42369
Ralph Sir Edward
Gentleman & Cynic
Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook/Openinkpot, CYbook 3rd gen awaiting RTF software upgrade
Do you have an export permit?
Ralph Sir Edward is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?