Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 06-19-2017, 11:44 AM   #1996
ApK
What did you call me?
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
They seem to do little but sleep around, get high, whine, backstab, and act out,
[...]
Eventually there's a tragedy.
[...]
No one is even remotely likable
[...]
it was too hard to care about this set of characters and their motivations. Yuck!
It'll likely be made into a hit TV drama series. Sounds like most of them these days.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2017, 01:18 PM   #1997
Catlady
Wizard
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip, jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
It'll likely be made into a hit TV drama series. Sounds like most of them these days.
Which is why I rarely watch TV drama series these days!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:16 PM   #1998
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV
I listened to Terry Pratchett's "Dodger" twice (the second time cuz my Mom was with me and would like it too). It's quite fun!

I also listened to "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" read by Stephen Fry. Fun, still very weird, and still with no real ending ...
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:54 PM   #1999
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage,Kindle PW, Fire HD 8.9, Fire HD8
Even Stephen Fry can't improve the ending.

Currently listening to Mira's Last Dance , a Penric novella from Lois McMaster Bujold, read by Grover Gardener. I'm quite enjoying it, even though I don't think Grover Gardener is necessarily the best voice for these books. Don't get me wrong, I like his readings of other LMB works, but think his voice is a less good fit for these. IAC, I'm enjoying them, regardless.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:04 AM   #2000
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Nook HD+, HTC One M8
I'm on the second Wheel of Time book, but it's dragging for me.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:49 PM   #2001
pwalker8
Wizard
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
I'm on the second Wheel of Time book, but it's dragging for me.
I had the same issue. I don't think that I ever finished that audiobook and didn't buy any of the other WOT books as audiobooks, though I do have them all in ebook and the first 10 or so in hardback. I have read the dead tree/ebook version a number of times, mostly because it's pretty easy to scan through the slow sections. That's the downside to audiobooks, those slow sections really stand out.

The WOT is one of those series that, IMPO, would have been a lot better off if it had been edited down to 5 or 6 books. There is a lot of repetitive scenes and whole books that don't really move the action forward. Let's face it, how often does one need to read about naked women getting switched?
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:45 PM   #2002
orlok
Finish that damn book!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Fire HDX 7, Kindle 6"
Currently listening to Twisted 50, a "deliciously dark slice of contemporary horror literature". Written by 50 different writers, narrated by 50 different readers, it is, as with all these collections, a bit of a mixed bag, some better than others, but so far no real duffers. A few "eeeewwwww!" moments, but nothing too extreme.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:23 PM   #2003
VMG
VMG knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.VMG knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.VMG knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.VMG knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.VMG knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.VMG knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.VMG knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.VMG knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.VMG knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.VMG knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.VMG knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Listening to The Tree: A Natural History of what Trees Are, how They Live, and why They Matter. May be boring to you guys but, I am an arborist
VMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:34 PM   #2004
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, sounds interesting. Though more like the sort of book I'd like to read in eBook format rather than audio format. And if it had pictures, I'd go so far as to read on my tablet where I could actually look at the pictures.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:38 PM   #2005
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Even Stephen Fry can't improve the ending.

Currently listening to Mira's Last Dance , a Penric novella from Lois McMaster Bujold, read by Grover Gardener. I'm quite enjoying it, even though I don't think Grover Gardener is necessarily the best voice for these books. Don't get me wrong, I like his readings of other LMB works, but think his voice is a less good fit for these. IAC, I'm enjoying them, regardless.
Finished. Decided Grover Gardener ended up working for me, and I'm going back and listening to the earlier ones. I'd read them in eBook, but not listened. They're short -- around 3 hours or so each -- which is just about right with where I'm at right now.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:54 PM   #2006
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Finished. Decided Grover Gardener ended up working for me, and I'm going back and listening to the earlier ones. I'd read them in eBook, but not listened. They're short -- around 3 hours or so each -- which is just about right with where I'm at right now.
I've quite enjoyed all those Penric short books, in ebook form!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:23 PM   #2007
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer

Give them a try in Audible format. They're pretty good. (And I agree, I've quite enjoyed them myself. )
Old Yesterday, 07:44 AM   #2008
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Glo HD, Aura H2O, Mini
I'm listening to the thriller series "Nathan McBride" by Andrew Peterson. Narrated by Dick Hill, one of my favorite narrators. 3 titles have audio included with KU, the other three are 1.99 with KU ebook. #1 was 5 stars. Currently on #2.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM   #2009
pwalker8
Wizard
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Sony PRS-T2
Finished up Into the Wild. A very good read. Caught the Princess Bride reference that I missed while reading the ebook, possibly because the narrator used his best Inigo Montoya voice for one of the characters.

I'm switching to a youth book, Keeper of Lost Cities for the next read. Need a bit of a change of pace. Then on to David Gemmell's Legend, one of my favorite books that just came out as an audiobook. Hopefully the narrator is good. I don't recognize his name. They have a whole bunch of Gemmell's books on the upcoming list. I'm really looking forward to giving Audible a lot of money.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible, audiobooks, recommendations