Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-23-2017, 02:26 AM   #1
R. Daneel Olivaw
R. Daneel Olivaw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.R. Daneel Olivaw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.R. Daneel Olivaw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.R. Daneel Olivaw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.R. Daneel Olivaw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.R. Daneel Olivaw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.R. Daneel Olivaw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.R. Daneel Olivaw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.R. Daneel Olivaw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.R. Daneel Olivaw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.R. Daneel Olivaw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo aura one
Replace KA1 header

Is it possible to remove The header from kobo aura one, or at least add some useful info like battery, Wi-Fi, time and whatnot?
R. Daneel Olivaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 02:54 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I assume you mean the header when reading kepubs. If so, you can enable full screen reading. In the "Kobo eReader.conf" file, add:
Code:
[FeatureSettings]
FullScreenReading=true
This will add an option in the Reading settings to hide the header and footer. Selecting the option will do what the option says. This is an incomplete and unsupported feature. There are some problems with it that can be solved with some patches.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:51 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
One way to get rid of the header is to read ePub. ePub doesn't have a header. ePub is read using RMDSK (ADE).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:20 PM   #4
R. Daneel Olivaw
R. Daneel Olivaw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.R. Daneel Olivaw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.R. Daneel Olivaw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.R. Daneel Olivaw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.R. Daneel Olivaw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.R. Daneel Olivaw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.R. Daneel Olivaw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.R. Daneel Olivaw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.R. Daneel Olivaw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.R. Daneel Olivaw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.R. Daneel Olivaw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I dont really read kepubs, I need help with generic public domain epubs. Don't know what you mean by no header on epubs... I'm talking about The section above The text that takes up waaay too much Of The screen to inform me of the title of my book. Also, is there a way full screen reading to keep The footer? That's fairly useful.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:52 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Sorry. If you're reading books in ePub format there is no title above the contents of the page. If you see the book's title at the top of the screen, that means you are using the KoboTouchExtended driver in Calibre and it is doing an epub to kepub conversion when you send content to your device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:59 PM   #6
R. Daneel Olivaw

Oh, i did add The kobo touch extended driver but it didn't seem so to work so I removed it... Guess it converted some of my books after all, thanks!
Old 07-01-2017, 09:56 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Daneel Olivaw View Post
Oh, i did add The kobo touch extended driver but it didn't seem so to work so I removed it... Guess it converted some of my books after all, thanks!
The Kobo Touch Extended driver converts to kepub on the fly so you don't have a kepub in your Calibre library.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:43 AM   #8
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
With every transfer the Kobo Touch Extended Driver also leaves a copy of the kepub in my Calibre library.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KePub.png
Views:	127
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	157677  
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:18 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
With every transfer the Kobo Touch Extended Driver also leaves a copy of the kepub in my Calibre library.
No it doesn't. The extended driver has an option to save the generated files somewhere. But, that won't get added to the library. If you have kepubs in the library, you have either added them manually or used done a conversion to kepub using the KePub Output plugin.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:54 AM   #10
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No it doesn't. The extended driver has an option to save the generated files somewhere. But, that won't get added to the library. If you have kepubs in the library, you have either added them manually or used done a conversion to kepub using the KePub Output plugin.
Hmmm...well, I just added a few books to my Aura HD using the extended driver, and it absolutely did add kepub versions of the book to my library.

How do I find the option to save the generated files somewhere? I looked, and couldn't find it.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 11:53 AM   #11
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Most times I agree with you, David, but this time I am not. When I transfer a file to my Aura One a kepub file is added to my Calibre library. I never changed anything in the extended driver and I didn't add any files manually.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:17 PM   #12
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I've been using the Kobo Touch extended driver since I got my Aura HD and there's not a single Kepub in my library.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:59 PM   #13
trekk
Terraner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
I've been using the Kobo Touch extended driver since I got my Aura HD and there's not a single Kepub in my library.
I rarely use nickel, so I configured the Kobo Touch Extended Driver a long time ago, but kept it updated in Calibre.

I can only repeat that every time I add a epub to my Aura One, automagically a kepub is added to my library! For shalym it seems to be the same.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	KePub2.png
Views:	79
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	157685   Click image for larger version

Name:	KePub3.png
Views:	82
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	157686  
Old 07-02-2017, 01:05 PM   #14
trekk
Terraner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
How do I find the option to save the generated files somewhere? I looked, and couldn't find it.

Shari
Look at the last line of the Extended tab in the Kobo Touch Extended Driver.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	KePub4.png
Views:	102
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	157687  
Old 07-02-2017, 07:46 PM   #15
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
I rarely use nickel, so I configured the Kobo Touch Extended Driver a long time ago, but kept it updated in Calibre.

I can only repeat that every time I add a epub to my Aura One, automagically a kepub is added to my library! For shalym it seems to be the same.
As I said, the extended driver doesn't add the kepub to the library. But, if there is no suitable format to send to the device, calibre does a conversion when you send the book. The second screenshot shows the list of formats you are allowing to send to the device. As that doesn't include epubs, whenever you send an epub, it will be converted to the first format in that list. That format is kepub. Hence, every time you send a new epub to the device, it is converted to an epub, saved in the library and then sent to the device. And because you are converting the books kepub, you aren't actually using any of the features of the extended driver. Or at least none I can think of.