Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-03-2018, 04:28 AM   #1
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
Jailbreak Kindle 5.6.2.1

Hi Guys,

I want to jalibreak but I know that this version can only be done with modifiying the hardware. Is there any chance to downgrade this version or something else to jailbreak it?
donMaranzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:03 AM   #2
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Or downgrade from 5.6.2.1 to 5.2.X and jilbreak, just an example.
Advert
Old 02-03-2018, 07:16 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the dev forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:18 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by donMaranzano View Post
Hi Guys,

I want to jalibreak but I know that this version can only be done with modifiying the hardware. Is there any chance to downgrade this version or something else to jailbreak it?
Dreamer.

If the device would accept a "downgrade" then it would not be reported as "unable to jailbreak".
I.E: The ability to install a different firmware, other than an Amazon customer update, is considered when reporting the situation as: "unable to jailbreak".

PS: What device? Sometimes it makes a difference.
Your info box only says: "Kindle 5" and the K5 has never had any firmware more recent than 5.3.7.3 released for it.
Look up your serial number here:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
to learn what our recognized nickname is for your device(s).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:48 AM   #5
donMaranzano
Zealot

Kindle PaperWhite WP63GW
Advert
Old 02-03-2018, 10:05 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Kindle PaperWhite WP63GW
I can not find that name in the table:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

So I have no way to know if your device is one to which special exceptions applies.
Since you will not share the device nickname, just go with your first assumption, that it can not be jail broken.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:16 AM   #7
02xda2
moddedmad
02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
WP63GW

Looks like kindle 7th gen paperwhite wifi version, is it OP? (you mentioned paperwhite earlier)

Correction:
Kindle (7th Generation)
Distinguishing Features

Amazon logo on the back
Touchscreen
No physical button on front of device
Black hardware
Released October 2014
Model number: WP63GW

Last edited by 02xda2; 02-03-2018 at 01:18 PM.
02xda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:19 AM   #8
donMaranzano
Zealot

90C6 Kindle Basic (2014)
Old 02-03-2018, 10:43 AM   #9
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
90C6 Kindle Basic (2014)
A KT2 **should** be one of the special exceptions.
GoTo: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=275877
Open spoiler, start at step #3
You can get working links @ the jb copy in the Wiki (link in jb introduction section).

Report back on the results (or lack of them).
Old 02-03-2018, 11:29 AM   #10
donMaranzano
Zealot

Could you specify how to proceed because I realy do not understand
Old 02-03-2018, 12:32 PM   #11
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Could you specify how to proceed because I realy do not understand
I am at a loss for (any more) words.
I have written the best directions that I know how to write, if you are uncertain, it would be best not to try.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:41 PM   #12
donMaranzano
Zealot

Mean while it was update to 5.8.11. My previous Kindle Touch was jalbreaked by me from this site. I do not know the steps how to proceed. Probably I need to download the jailbreak version and upload to kindle
Old 02-03-2018, 01:22 PM   #13
02xda2
moddedmad
02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

5.8.11 can not be jailbroken, your only option is to downgrade (serial) and try JB
Old 02-03-2018, 01:24 PM   #14
donMaranzano
Zealot

Please guide me how to do that. I will download 5.6.0 and then what?
Old 02-04-2018, 05:53 AM   #15
02xda2
moddedmad

Quote:
Please guide me how to do that. I will download 5.6.0 and then what?
Try these MobileRead_Wiki instructions before thinking of serial_downgrade_jailbreak, 'coz that is some serious business.