Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Kobobooks - $3 Off NYT Bestseller

I looked and didn't see this posted anywhere.

Code "tweetkobo" for a $3 discount and it says expiration is March 8th at 11pm. It says NYT Bestseller and that is what I bought so I don't know if it would work on other books.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Thanks! I used this on a non-NYT book so it works on any book.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #3
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
I bought DEAR JOHN, and worked on that!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #4
staticradar
staticradar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Woot just got The Last Song for 1.99 thanks a lot
staticradar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I just got the Lost City of Z for $6.99. Do I really need Adobe DE if I have the updated Sony Library?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

And I don't think the file is downloading...it's just stuck on getting file information.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:49 PM   #7
lovelyloey
Enthusiast
lovelyloey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Bought a non NYT book. So heads up too.
Got $3 off a $11.99 book. Happy.
lovelyloey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:54 AM   #8
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Oh no, I bought another one!
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:22 AM   #9
cearbhallain
Groupie
cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I just got the Lost City of Z for $6.99. Do I really need Adobe DE if I have the updated Sony Library?
I'm not an expert, but if my experience yesterday with my nook means anything - yes you do. You will also need flash. It took two tries to get flash loaded properly so that ADE could see the nook and register the device.

I saved $4 and spent 2 hours installing adobe software in windows. I'm inclined to try configuring it in WINE so I don't have to reboot next time but I'm a little worried that setting up WINE might be an even bigger headache. In any event, it's only a headache once (knock wood)
cearbhallain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that answer to that is NO. The newest Sony Library software basically has the ADE SDK embedded in it and it will open the .ascm files you d/l and d/l the ebook.

Let us know when you verify that.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #11
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I'm pretty sure that answer to that is NO. The newest Sony Library software basically has the ADE SDK embedded in it and it will open the .ascm files you d/l and d/l the ebook.

BOb
I didn't get the option to open the file with the Library. I gave up and downloaded ADE
Old 03-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I didn't get the option to open the file with the Library. I gave up and downloaded ADE
I think you just had to associate the .ascm file extension with Sony library.

But, whatever works for you.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:40 PM   #13
jagfan
jagfan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb

Correct, that is how it works for me.
jagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #14
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Although the Sony software works fine for it's own downloads, several other ebookstores that sell epub have problems if you don't install full ADE (not to mention, the Sony software can't deal with the new DRM from B&N). My mom's install decided to update last week and she lost the menus on the left side. She could open existing books, but not get into the store to get anything new. We had to do a complete uninstall, including manual directory removal, before a reinstall would "take" and restore the menus. I've had books from Random House AU and others that simply could not be downloaded with the sony software (nor would any error message be displayed that gave a clue as to the problem), but were fine once I reinstalled ADE (which fixed the associations that Sony stole during one of it's updates).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote