Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-20-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
All Romance expands

I got this press release today:

Quote:
All Romance Announces the launch of OmniLit™, Bringing eBooks Directly into the Homes and Digital Devices of R eaders of All Genres
Palm Harbor, FL (PRWEB) July 21, 2009 – The owners of All Romance™, an independent on-line bookstore specializing in the sale of romance eBooks, announc! ed today the launch of OmniLit.com, a new site dedicated to the sale of fiction and non-fiction eBooks.

"The overwhelming success of the All Romance site spurred the expansion," said Barbara Perfetti, the company's Chief Financial Officer. "The publishing world is poised on the brink of an eBook explosion and we want to be ready on the forefront to meet that demand."

OmniLit will offer genres currently not available on the All Romance site, including best sellers from some of the biggest names in publishing, as well as offerings from small, midsized, and indie presses. Customers will be able to select from hundreds of thousands of titles, everything from mainstream, children's, and speculative fiction, to books on health & fitness, cooking, travel, and business.

"Readers used to the convenience of All Romance's easy to navigate site and unsurpassed customer service can expect to find the same at OmniLit," said Chief Operating Officer, Lori James. "Our goal is to hold on to what we believe are the best qualities of both the larger chain bookstores and the smaller independents, then offer that in digital. OmniLit's customers will have the advantage of choice and a technically streamlined shopping experience, but t hey will also receive personalized service and support."

All Romance eBooks, LLC was founded in 2006, is privately held in partnership, and headquartered in Palm Harbor, Florida. The company owns All Romance (www.allromanceebooks.com), which specializes in the sale of romance eBooks and OmniLit (www.omnilit.com) which sells both fiction and non-fiction eBooks.
Let's just wait and have a look. I got some romance books from that store (for my wife, of course) and transactions were going just fine. No DRM on the Romance eBooks. I don't know if the same is true for the Omnilit store. Anyway, we can't have too much ebookstores, can we?

Prices seem quite steep on Omnilit, at first glance. No DRM, as far as I can see.

Last edited by mtravellerh; 07-20-2009 at 12:39 PM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
GntlmnBndt
Zealot
GntlmnBndt doesn't litterGntlmnBndt doesn't litter

Device: iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
No DRM on the Romance eBooks. I don't know if the same is true for the Omnilit store. ... No DRM, as far as I can see.
Seems to be a bit of a mix with regards to DRM. Actually reminds me of the Fictionwise approach.

I jumped into the Mystery section, and the first few are books/authors I have never heard of, and they are available in PDF and HTML, with no mention of DRM.

When I looked for some names I knew, the first two were Anne Perry and P.D. James, which were only available in secure formats (MS Reader, PDF and Mobi).

The Bandit
GntlmnBndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert