Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-15-2017, 11:45 PM   #31
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
- - - -
So it has the original firmware, but I'm now confused about what this has to do with the UI. From what others have described, I'd prefer to leave it as it is.
What do you think creates the user interface?
The PW2 has had 15 firmware updates since it was first released.

Leave it however you like it, just don't claim the hardware has anything to do with the user interface on a touchscreen device.

The O.P. has had his original question answered more times than he liked several days ago.
Offering him more answers is just to waste his time.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:00 PM   #32
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
What do you think creates the user interface?
The PW2 has had 15 firmware updates since it was first released.

Leave it however you like it, just don't claim the hardware has anything to do with the user interface on a touchscreen device.

The O.P. has had his original question answered more times than he liked several days ago.
Offering him more answers is just to waste his time.
Apart from saying that I had a PaperWhite 2, I didn't say anything about firmware and hardware. Looking back through the thread, it was actually you who brought this up.
Enough said.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2017, 06:42 PM   #33
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Apart from saying that I had a PaperWhite 2, I didn't say anything about firmware and hardware. Looking back through the thread, it was actually you who brought this up.
Enough said.
You have avoided 15 firmware updates, so don't be surprised when you find out that other people's devices, of any hardware model, behave differently than yours does.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:39 PM   #34
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I wish there were a page left in chapter feature. I'm learning French and I read it extremely slowly compared to English, which must be confusing the algorithm immensely as I switch books, which in turn means the time estimate isn't very useful.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:54 PM   #35
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Deleted, not relevant.

Last edited by BookCat; 07-24-2017 at 01:00 PM.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2017, 03:55 PM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I wish there were a page left in chapter feature. I'm learning French and I read it extremely slowly compared to English, which must be confusing the algorithm immensely as I switch books, which in turn means the time estimate isn't very useful.
I think the time is calculated per book, rather than globally.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote