Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Award-Winning selection will win the April runoff?
A Cold Day for Murder by Dana Stabenow 7 53.85%
The Light of Day by Eric Ambler 6 46.15%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2017, 07:08 PM   #31
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
The Ambler novel is not a mystery; it is a caper novel. What makes it interesting for me is how Ambler inverted it with his main character. I have not seen the movie yet - it came out in the early 60s

Ambler was a screenwriter as much as he was a novelist. It would be interesting to see how the screen treatment of Arthur Simpson varied from the Ambler novel - Ambler did not write the screenplay. I wonder how Peter Ustinov played Simpson.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:26 AM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I finished The Light of the Day yesterday. I rather enjoyed it. I know for sure is that the wrong book won. This would have made for a much better discussion.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert