Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-27-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
sjtracey
sjtracey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello from New Jersey!

Finally took the plunge last night and ordered a Kindle. I've lusted after it for a while, but seeing a friend's this week for the first time convinced me that I NEEDED one. I can't wait for it to arrive so I can start enjoying it!
sjtracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:06 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Welcome, welcome. I'm also a Kindle owner and enjoying it very much. MobileRead is a nice place to hang out with fellow lovers of electronic books.

So -- while you're waiting for the delivery man to bring your Kindle, stock up on some good books. Browse through the MobiPocket books here at MobileRead. Check out the free books at Feedbooks, ManyBooks, and Baen. Both MobileRead and Feedbooks have download guides especially for the Kindle which allows you to download books directly to the Kindle through its Whispernet connection.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2008, 07:20 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome, and enjoy the ride.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:43 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi sjtracey and welcome to the Forum. Enjoy your Kindle.

New Jersey; what exit?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:03 PM   #5
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings, sjtracey. Enjoy the forum!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2008, 08:09 PM   #6
sjtracey
sjtracey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
New Jersey; what exit?
I always get a kick out of that. Honestly, we've lived in NJ for 10 years, and are nowhere near either the Parkway or the Turnpike. No idea what our exit is.
sjtracey is offline   Reply With Quote