Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-20-2017, 07:59 AM   #301
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@Cibes: Welcome and thanks for the module.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:29 PM   #302
glire
glire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi, since I've installed Calibre 3 I can't import annotations older than April 30th from my Kindle Paperwhite.
glire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2017, 08:08 PM   #303
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glire View Post
Hi, since I've installed Calibre 3 I can't import annotations older than April 30th from my Kindle Paperwhite.
Are you seeing an error message? If so, I need to see it. Otherwise, I don't know of a reason for this. I can't think of how any of the changes in calibre v3 would be causing this. Could you run calibre in debug mode while trying to import the annotations and post the log. Hopefully that will how what is going on as I don't have a Kindle to test with.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:50 AM   #304
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 1.5.0

I have just updated the plugin to version 1.5.0. The updates are:

• Fix: Handle that idevice.libimobiledevice doesn't work in calibre v3+ and is blacklisted.
• Fix: Problem opening config dialog of annotations column does not exist.
• Fix: Display error if fetch annotations if annotations column has not been configured or does not exist.

The last two changes have been in a beta I posted earlier in the year. The iOS integration hasn't worked for a while, but this maintains backwards compatibility for anyone running older iOS devices.

The update will be announced by calibre in the next hour or so. If anyone has any problems, please report them here.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:08 PM   #305
glire

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Are you seeing an error message? If so, I need to see it. Otherwise, I don't know of a reason for this. I can't think of how any of the changes in calibre v3 would be causing this. Could you run calibre in debug mode while trying to import the annotations and post the log. Hopefully that will how what is going on as I don't have a Kindle to test with.
No, there's no error message. It's just like there were no new annotations after that date, even though there are. I installed the new version of the plugin but it changed nothing.

I've run Calibre in debug mode as you said and attach the log.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpjc1di5.txt (123.1 KB, 277 views)
Advert
Old 06-29-2017, 02:21 PM   #306
glire

I just found the error. I have my Kindle in spanish and for some reason, after that date, in the "My Clipping" file, the highlights header changed from "Tu subrayado" to "La subrayado". That's why they are not getting recognized.

I tried changing the language of the Kindle to english and the making a new highlight to try, but it's not getting recognized either. So I just suppose there was some change in english too, I just don't know which.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:47 PM   #307
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glire View Post
I just found the error. I have my Kindle in spanish and for some reason, after that date, in the "My Clipping" file, the highlights header changed from "Tu subrayado" to "La subrayado". That's why they are not getting recognized.

I tried changing the language of the Kindle to english and the making a new highlight to try, but it's not getting recognized either. So I just suppose there was some change in english too, I just don't know which.
That's happened at least once before. The plugin has the following for the strings inthe "My Clipping" file for Spanish. Can you check if there are any other changes.
Code:
"Mi subrayado": ('es', 'highlight'),
"Mi nota":      ('es', 'note'),
"Mi marcador":  ('es', 'bookmark'),
"Tu subrayado": ('es', 'highlight'),
"Tu nota":      ('es', 'note'),
"Tu marcador": ('es', 'bookmark'),

'es': (r"\sPosición\s*%s", r"\sposición\s*%s",),

'es': (r"\spágina\s*%s",),
Old 07-08-2017, 10:05 PM   #308
moredrowsy
Connoisseur
moredrowsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I read the OP's thread. It seems like this is for importing annotations from e-readers to calibre into a custom column. I have a couple of questions.

1. Do the plugins store the annotations in the metadata opf files since it's stored in the custom columns?

2. Can the plugin add annotations besides importing? Ex: Highlighting and making notes in the calibre viewer?
moredrowsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:52 PM   #309
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moredrowsy View Post
I read the OP's thread. It seems like this is for importing annotations from e-readers to calibre into a custom column. I have a couple of questions.

1. Do the plugins store the annotations in the metadata opf files since it's stored in the custom columns?
Yes, that is how it works.
Quote:
2. Can the plugin add annotations besides importing? Ex: Highlighting and making notes in the calibre viewer?
I'm not exactly sure what you mead, but, I'm pretty sure the answer is no. The calibre viewer support for annotations isn't very good. It is a named bookmark rather than a highlighted section of text with an annotation.

If what you want is for the annotations from your device to appear in the calibre viewer, then the viewers support isn't good enough to make this worthwhile. And there is a problem with converting the locations. I could do it for the Kobo and Sony ereaders, but I don't know about the Kindles.

If you want to add the bookmarks from the viewer into the annotations column with the other annotations, I suppose it could be done. It hasn't been something I've thought of as I don't use the viewer enough to need this.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:38 PM   #310
nconway567
nconway567 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
I just installed Calibre 3.3 and found the annotations plugin. I can't seem to make it work. It appears in the toolbar and I've successfully created a custom column, but when I click on Import Annotations from - all that is listed is "Goodreader". I have a Kindle Fire - so is there a way to make this work?
nconway567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:23 PM   #311
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Sorry, the devices and apps supported are limited. They are listed in the first post and does not include the Kindle Fire. The plugin can be extended to add other devices and apps, but it need someone with the device and skills to do this.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:36 PM   #312
CmplxAdSys
Enthusiast
CmplxAdSys began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Two questions about the annotations plugin I've searched for but haven't found answers to:

1) Is it possible to modify the CSS in "modify appearance" to include "chapter progress" in the annotations that are pulled from a Kobo? I know the experimental annotation pull built into Calibre does this, but I'm curious if the Annotations plugin can do so as well. It'd be useful.

2) Is it possible to text-search the annotations so that you can find a specific word highlighted in the custom annotations column, like how most word processors' "find" function behaves? I know that there are two ways to find books with annotations that have a specific word: by doing a custom column search in Calibre's main search window, and by using "find annotations" for the Annotations plugin. But neither of these quite behave as I'd like; they do find books whose annotations contain the search term, but then I have to manually go to the custom column and scroll through it all to find the word manually, or copy-paste the entire contents of the annotations column into a word processor, and search for the word again.

Thanks in advance for any input, and thanks to davidfor and other contributors for a great plugin!
CmplxAdSys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:13 PM   #313
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmplxAdSys View Post
Two questions about the annotations plugin I've searched for but haven't found answers to:

1) Is it possible to modify the CSS in "modify appearance" to include "chapter progress" in the annotations that are pulled from a Kobo? I know the experimental annotation pull built into Calibre does this, but I'm curious if the Annotations plugin can do so as well. It'd be useful.
Hmm, I would have said it already did this. I'll check what's happening when I get home tonight.
Quote:
2) Is it possible to text-search the annotations so that you can find a specific word highlighted in the custom annotations column, like how most word processors' "find" function behaves? I know that there are two ways to find books with annotations that have a specific word: by doing a custom column search in Calibre's main search window, and by using "find annotations" for the Annotations plugin. But neither of these quite behave as I'd like; they do find books whose annotations contain the search term, but then I have to manually go to the custom column and scroll through it all to find the word manually, or copy-paste the entire contents of the annotations column into a word processor, and search for the word again.
Sorry, there isn't a way to do this in calibre.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:41 PM   #314
CmplxAdSys
Enthusiast
CmplxAdSys began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Hmm, I would have said it already did this. I'll check what's happening when I get home tonight.
Thanks! To be clear, it does show the chapter for each note or highlight. What it doesn't show (and the experimental version of Calibre's does) is location within the chapter as a percentage, so the quote can be more easily found within the chapter.
CmplxAdSys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:40 AM   #315
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta - Change Spanish string for Kindles

I completely forgot about this, but glire reported a while ago that the plugin wasn't working with Kindles set to the Spanish language. The problem appears to be a change in the string in the "My Clippings.txt" file. The attached beta versions should fix this.

Edit: I messed up and uploaded the wrong version. The correct beta will have version 1.5.1.

Last edited by davidfor; 08-25-2017 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Remove beta as change has been released.

Tags
sampleexportingapp