Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
cjobim
cjobim began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Kindle paperwhite support?

Hi, I'm interested in hearing what the support in calibre is like for the new kindle paperwhite. I won't buy one until I know for sure it's working, since keeping my library in calibre is more important to me than getting the very latest ebook reader.
cjobim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@cjobim: You'll have to wait until someone actually has one in hand to get a definitive answer to that.

That said, there's a very good chance that basic support (ie. get/send books) will be trivial to add, once they're out.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
tophat42
tophat42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Mine just arrived today - a wifi-only Paperwhite w/ special offers.

Calibre works fine with the Paperwhite. I've got a Kindle 4 as well and Calibre acts the same with both.

I'm mostly using mobi and azw/azw3 files.
tophat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
saxondawg
Connoisseur
saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle paperwhite
Same here. Note another thread on this topic, but I also have wifi only with special offers, and everything transferred to it and shows up fine. It seems to me as if indexing is proceeding far slower than on earlier models.
saxondawg is offline   Reply With Quote