Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Refurbished Kindle WiFi $99 - No Ads!

First off, I'll be the first to say that I actually like the ads (well, the offers, anyway, while the ads don't bother me anymore than in a magazine or on TV, not that I spend much time looking at them). But, for those that do and for those who have been waiting for a mainstream ebook reader to break the $100 mark, today is the day. Amazon has refurbished units of both of their ad-free models on sale and you save $40-$60, depending on which one you choose. I have received a refurbished unit in the past (I bought an original Kindle refurb as our second Kindle and have had a couple of returns over the last few years) and there is absolutely no way to tell that the unit itself is any different from brand new, other than there is sometimes a colored dot on the outside of the box (they may now add "refurbished" to the label, but that wasn't even on mine). These have the exact same warranty, but one item is missing - there is no charging block to go with the included USB cable. All that means is that you will either need to charge it using your computer or buy a USB to AC adapter (I use a number of third party adapters, rather than the one that came with my Kindle, so that I can charge a Kindle and my phone at the same time). If you are picking up a second Kindle for your house, you can use the same charger you are using now, since you won't need to charge it every day, anyway (unlike my phone).

Kindle, Wi-Fi, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology ($99.99)

Kindle 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 3G Works Globally, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology ($129.99)
koland is offline   Reply With Quote