Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 06:28 AM   #16
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Hmmm...

So do these gelaskins things cover the screen like the images on the site show? Wouldn't it be kind of annoying trying to read through a watermarked decal??
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:35 AM   #17
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
No, they don't cover the screen. If you were to purchase one for your cellphone you would be able to download a background to load on your phone that would continue the skin design.

I bought one of the Gelaskins and am not using the back piece, it looks too difficult to apply to the textured back.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:39 PM   #18
Zac
Zac began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
No, they don't cover the screen. If you were to purchase one for your cellphone you would be able to download a background to load on your phone that would continue the skin design.

I bought one of the Gelaskins and am not using the back piece, it looks too difficult to apply to the textured back.
I am wondering how the adhesive would effect the rubberized back.

On another note, I contacted Oberon design who makes iPad and Kindle covers amongst a plethora of stuff and they said they don't have plans yet for a Kobo cover.
Zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:11 PM   #19
rsmereka
rsmereka began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corona View Post
Kind of ironic that you can't get the Canadian flag skin for the Kobo

https://www.gelaskins.com/image.php?ImageID=422
Great skins
I just talked to GelaSkins and the individual on the phone told me that you can apply any skin. Just save as a favorite and then do a design your own and apply the saved skin.

Rick
rsmereka is offline   Reply With Quote