Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 06-01-2017, 10:34 AM   #1
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
Smarten punctuation problem?

Can someone tell me if this behavior is normal? If so it's awful...

I used the Smarten Punctuation when I saw straight quotes/apostrophes. I got a message that it fixed both the jacket and the file. Great.

A bit further down the file (this ebook only has the one file, plus the jacket), I see more straight quotes/apostrophes. I Smartened, it fixed the file, didn't touch the jacket this time. I Smartened again, just in case, it said there was nothing to fix. Fantastic.

About 4 paragraphs later, where I did nothing but scroll down, I see more straight quotes/apostrophes. I hit Smarten, and it finds things to fix.

Any ideas why?
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's certainly not normal. What you're describing implies that scrolling is changing content -- I dont see how that's possible.

If you have a book and a set fo steps to reproduce it, open a bug report and attach it there.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:33 PM   #3
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
I'll keep an eye out. It's happened on another book, but when I closed it (without saving) and retried, it worked fully the first time, and nothing since.

I know a couple of weeks ago, it Smartened the quotes in my tags (ie- <a href=), but it didn't happen again, so maybe there's just something going on with my books. It wouldn't surprise me.
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote