Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-31-2012, 04:08 AM   #1
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
A script to convert XML/stardict dicts to Odyssey format

Hi guys,

As I am working on the script to convert a stardict dictionary to the Cybook Odyssey format, I would like to test the conversion of several dictionaries.

To get two doves with a stone, please PM me a pointer to a freeware/GPL'ed/etc. (preferably stardict) dictionary you would like to have on your Cybook Odyssey.

Once the conversion goes well, I will give the converted dictionary to you.

You can also leave a reply here saying "EN -> IT requested" and the like.

Thanks.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-19-2012 at 06:16 PM.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
EN -> EN requested. And you know I want something that is more modern than the 1913 webster - maybe something with computer words and locations of the world, military acronyms ....

But then it's going to be hard to find that in freeware or otherwise freely distributable
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
EN -> EN requested. And you know I want something that is more modern than the 1913 webster - maybe something with computer words and locations of the world, military acronyms ....

But then it's going to be hard to find that in freeware or otherwise freely distributable
Maybe we can parse en.wiktionary.org . It requires finding a good (already-coded) ad hoc parser. Once I have the content, it is fairly trivial to output it to Odyssey format.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:01 AM   #4
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Wictionary is known to be a beast to parse...
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:27 AM   #5
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

I worked on the Italian version (which is way worse than the English one, because formatting rules are not really enforced and it lacks many words definitions) and I think it can be done with decent results.

I cannot directly use my code for the English one because format tags are different, etc. But I can spend some time on it in a (not-so-distant) future.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
Pascal148
Pascal148 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS650
Hi,

I've try this for the english to french one.
Have you succeeded in modifying the database (the idx file) ?
It is a sqlite database but I encountered a problem because in the F_Word field in the T_DictIndex table is made with a ICUNoCase option that I don't understand.
The program doesn't accept to modify this field. The others one are (F_Offset, F_Size and F_NumChunk).

Thank you.
Pascal148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #7
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Unfortunately I have had very little time to work on cleaning up the conversion script in the past days. Hopefully I will publish a first version of the script by the end of this week.

Pascal: IcuNoCase is a SQLite collation. You should first define a collation function myfunc, and then install it using

Code:
create_collation("IcuNoCase", myfunc)
on a valid connection object before attempting any write op on the idx file, otherwise the write op will fail.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:21 AM   #8
Pascal148

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
It's a very nice idea to publish this script.
This collation function doesn't seem easy for me to write (I've tried to look on the sqlite site) et I'll wait until you publish your script.

Best regards.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #9
Pascal148

Hi,

Thank you very much.

In fact, I've compiled the libSqliteIcu.so and from squlite3 made ".load libSqliteIcu.so" and "SELECT icu_load_collation('en_US', 'IcuNoCase');" and from then insert a csv file including the entries (F_Word, etc).
I've tried 'en_US' because it is an english-french dictionary.
It seems to work.

Best regards.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #10
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Ok, nice to know.

I'm nearly done with my script to convert from stardict to the Cybook Odyssey format.

I plan to release it on Friday or Saturday, stay tuned
Old 02-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #11
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
Ok, nice to know.

I'm nearly done with my script to convert from stardict to the Cybook Odyssey format.

I plan to release it on Friday or Saturday, stay tuned
awesome. great job. yay. keep up the good work.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #12
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

You can find the much (!?) awaited script to convert stardict dictionaries to the Odyssey format at:

NEW PAGE: this one

I put there a description of the Odyssey format and the files required to convert your stardict dictionary to the Odyssey format, documenting the script usage and how you can write your own parser.

Enjoy!

EDIT: updated with new page URL.

Last edited by AlPe; 02-13-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #13
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
You can find the much (!?) awaited script to convert stardict dictionaries to the Odyssey format at this page.

I put there a description of the Odyssey format and the files required to convert your stardict dictionary to the Odyssey format, documenting the script usage and how you can write your own parser.

Enjoy!
Nice thank you. Did you include the mobi to stardict as well?
Old 02-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #14
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Nope, I haven't had time to polish that code as well, but I agree it would be a nice feature to add to the current script. I will try to work on that mid-next week.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #15
Pascal148

Hi,

Very nice a and awesone job.
The documentation is also welcome.
Regarding the conversion from mobi, I'm not sure it is possible.
I've done this for the Harrap's Shorter English French that I had bought for my Kindle. I had to remove some html tags using the sed command and create the entries using perl scripts.
But it seems you have to adapt the script to the dictionary because there are some particular entries. For example, plural or preterit are not directly included (it works with html links that are not possible on the Odyssey).
I've try this for the Cambridge Klett and had to adapt the script.

Best regards.