Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-15-2010, 12:34 AM   #1
acapollo
acapollo began at the beginning.

Device: Asus DR-950
Greetings from Taipei

I am currently living in Taipei, and been shopping, no, waiting, for a satisfactory eBook reader for about 2 years now. Thus far, I have yet to come across one that is enticing enough for me to part with my cash, but the ASUS DR-950 looks very promising, although its exact specs and pricing and most importantly release date are still largely unknown.

Here's hoping that I will be able to buy one and share my experience using it very soon.
acapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:40 AM   #2
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hello acapollo and welcome to MR.

If you wait for the perfect reader you'll never get one. When I started looking around for mine I decided to take the plunge and get one I felt most comfortable with. Now I have learnt heaps more about readers, files, formats and so on and am more equipped to get the next reader.

I am fairly happy with mine and have not regretted the purchase one bit. But then again, I only use it for reading fiction as I still read non-fiction and textbooks as pBooks. I guess it all comes down to what you want from a reader.

Have you checked the matrix or this subforum yet? Might give you some more ideas.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2010, 04:20 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi acapollo and welcome to MobileRead. I got my 505 well before the Kindle or Nook were available and am glad I did. I really like it and didn't have to do a lot of comparison shopping.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:28 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Acapollo. Best of luck with your eventual choice of reader. Have you checked out, by the way, the *Which One Should I Buy?* thread here? Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:41 AM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hi and welcome to MR!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2010, 07:36 AM   #6
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello acapollo, and Click image for larger version

Name:	DOGS-POM.gif
Views:	192
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	51686 to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:39 PM   #7
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote