Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-25-2023, 02:56 AM   #226
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Yes, you do need the stardict binaries for the conversion. Usually it is as simple as 'apt-get install stardict', iirc, or 'pacman -S stardict'. The binaries are then available at the commandline for use.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 09:20 AM   #227
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
I see. I imagine not stardict, but stardict-tools. The problem is that the binaries are available for Ubuntu 18 and 22, but not for 20. I had a quick try, but predictably the available packages for 18 and 22 don't install on 20. If I was really serious about I could look into compiling the source code, but...
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2023, 07:02 AM   #228
Ayko
Ayko began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hey @Markismus thank you for your hard work. I did take a look at your hosted files. There is already a En - Ger Pons dictionary but couldn't find any Ger-Eng Pons dictionary. I wonder if anyone already converted the Ger - En one yet?
(PONS Premium German -English Dictionary PONS)
Ayko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 07:25 AM   #229
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

The newer PONS has a lot of frills that can't be interpreted by the script. I've uploaded the 2016 Pons premium de-en, though.
Old 05-02-2023, 03:19 PM   #230
Kenhano
Kenhano began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
I have a working Perl script and it's on github. It converts mobi- (KindleUnpacked html), cvs-, Stardict- and dxdf-format to Pocketbook dic-format and Stardict formats.

I've succesfully converted Liddell-Scott-Jones, Oxford's Learners dictionary, Duden (de-de), an latin-english dictionary, Nouveau Littre 2011, the Oxford English Dictionary 2nd Ed.and Wordnet.

The results in both xdxf- (human readable) and dic- (binary) format are here. (The xdxf-files can be converted with convert.exe to the dic-files. If you want to tweak your dictionary, this is the place to do it.)

You will also need
  1. pocketbook converter binary and its language configuration files. I've zipped them in the uploaded PockebookDic.zip.
  2. Install Perl
  3. Instal Stardict-tools (If you want to convert from Stardict ifo-,dict- and idx-files.)
See github for further info.

The zip-file attached contains the newest converter.exe patched by ezdiy from post #6.
I need you help. How can I use the Stardict Editor to convert from ifo,dict and idx files? And what for a file is the new file? Please help me? thx
Kenhano is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2023, 03:16 AM   #231
Markismus
Guru

@pattila97 I've uploaded the converted English-Hungarian dictionary from jDictionary 2009, 67262 words (from the Stardict tar-ball) to pCloud. I think you can do better in terms of dictionary quality, but can't really assess the quality of the Hungarian descriptions.
Old 05-17-2023, 03:19 AM   #232
Markismus
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenhano View Post
I need you help. How can I use the Stardict Editor to convert from ifo,dict and idx files? And what for a file is the new file? Please help me? thx
Read the manuals, please.

Stardict editor converts between text, xml- and binary- Stardict format. So it only converts to and from csv-format to and from Stardict format.
Old 12-13-2023, 03:43 PM   #233
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I am trying to get this to run in WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux), Ubuntu-22.04. Installed stardict-tools and wine, have the perl code, pocketbook.exe and its config files in same folder.

Code:
perl pocketbookdic.pl ../stardict-rus_eng_full-2.4.2/rus_eng_full.ifo
Can't locate DicGlobals.pm in @INC (you may need to install the DicGlobals module) (@INC contains: /home/mark/git/PocketBookDic/ /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.34.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.34.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.34 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.34 /usr/share/perl/5.34 /usr/local/lib/site_perl) at pocketbookdic.pl line 10.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at pocketbookdic.pl line 10.
DicGlobals.pm is in the current working directory.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 03:45 PM   #234
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am trying to get this to run in WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux), running Ubuntu-22.04. Installed stardict-tools and wine, have the perl code, pocketbook.exe and its language config files in same folder.

Code:
$ perl pocketbookdic.pl ../stardict-rus_eng_full-2.4.2/rus_eng_full.ifo
Can't locate DicGlobals.pm in @INC (you may need to install the DicGlobals module) (@INC contains: /home/mark/git/PocketBookDic/ /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.34.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.34.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.34 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.34 /usr/share/perl/5.34 /usr/local/lib/site_perl) at pocketbookdic.pl line 10.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at pocketbookdic.pl line 10.
DicGlobals.pm is in the current working directory, but @INC contains folders which will not resolve to anything on that computer. I'm guessing I need to modify that?

Any suggestions on what might be wrong? I know absolutely nothing about Perl.

Last edited by tomsem; 12-13-2023 at 11:20 PM.
Old 12-14-2023, 02:35 AM   #235
Markismus
Guru

Very nice that you're working with the script. First steps are usually harder, but you'll get the hang of it. You won't have to learn Perl for it. However, you will have to change some strings in the code to modify it to your PC. At the GitHub repository I have written some installation notes, so it might be worth it to look at them.

The script can't find the extra code that is separated from the script to keep things readable.

As the dump from @INC states the path in which Perl searches for modules starts with the local library /home/mark/git/pocketbookdic. That's not where your script is, right? So you might point the script to your directory. Just search the script for this string and you'll find a statement for the script to look at the local library of modules. Iirc, it's a LIB statement before the USE statements that tell the script to use the local modules.

This is basic Perl. So any trouble you have with it can be solved with Google using Perl and lib as keywords.

Last edited by Markismus; 12-14-2023 at 03:03 AM.
Old 12-14-2023, 10:57 PM   #236
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Very nice that you're working with the script. First steps are usually harder, but you'll get the hang of it. You won't have to learn Perl for it. However, you will have to change some strings in the code to modify it to your PC. At the GitHub repository I have written some installation notes, so it might be worth it to look at them.

The script can't find the extra code that is separated from the script to keep things readable.

As the dump from @INC states the path in which Perl searches for modules starts with the local library /home/mark/git/pocketbookdic. That's not where your script is, right? So you might point the script to your directory. Just search the script for this string and you'll find a statement for the script to look at the local library of modules. Iirc, it's a LIB statement before the USE statements that tell the script to use the local modules.

This is basic Perl. So any trouble you have with it can be solved with Google using Perl and lib as keywords.
Thanks, I've fixed the references to local libraries (surely anyone trying to use this tool will run into this?). I still don't understand why a use lib statement is required (basic module examples don't show this), but the 'why' can wait until I get things working, if ever.

Still having issues installing required perl libraries. 'cpan' takes forever to think about things, then spits out hundreds of lines of logging, burying error messages in a haystack.

Maybe this is 'basic Perl' but it is frustrating nevertheless.
Old 12-16-2023, 08:39 AM   #237
Markismus
Guru

I've added the lib statement to the README.md on the github repository.
Old 12-17-2023, 08:51 PM   #238
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Why not remove the hard coded paths, e.g.:

use lib "."
Old 12-18-2023, 03:59 AM   #239
Markismus
Guru

Because I have the modules at another place using them for another script, too. That was the reason for modularization. (Well, that and the script kept growing on me when I tried to tackle free-form mobi- and kindle- dictionaries. Still haven't managed those, though. Still to big a puzzle.)

However, feel free to add an extra line "lib '.';" so the modules in the same path are found and issue a pull request on github.

I think you're the first to play with the script since I modularized it.

Last edited by Markismus; 12-18-2023 at 04:12 AM.
Old 12-18-2023, 04:00 PM   #240
nraudigy2
nraudigy2 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3, Kindle 11th gen, Kindle Paperwhite 10th gen
Can't access pCloud without Premium plan
nraudigy2 is offline   Reply With Quote