Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-20-2024, 01:43 PM   #1
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
POCKETBOOK UART Conect

Hello everyone !!

For those even for less experienced users who are looking for a procedure on how to connect and use UART on Pocketbook readers, I would like to share my following procedure, which you will find:

https://cod-box.net/pocketbook-conne...via-uart-hack/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	make UART pocketbook.png
Views:	196
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	207734  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 04-20-2024 at 06:40 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 12:41 AM   #2
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Interesting. Do you have a project in mind now you have a UART connection?
neil_swann80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2024, 08:29 AM   #3
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Interesting trick with the connection and the clamp. I soldered mine to stay on the connected side.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 09:44 AM   #4
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Interesting trick with the connection and the clamp. I soldered mine to stay on the connected side.
Hi.
I had to use the clip because I often had a problem getting into the console, I had to disconnect and reconnect (on the fly) in order to type commands (to appear after pressing ENTER #,it didn't even help when I sent ^C through the terminal)

..as always, everything has its pros and cons
However, there are also disadvantages to using a clamp, such as the other side of the clamp touching the screen.
Also, you can't move the electronic reader too much so that the terminal doesn't move outside the UART pins on the motherboard. .

PS : Unfortunately, I don't have any projects or ideas, I don't even have time, as unfortunately it often happens in the life of a mere mortal

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 04-21-2024 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-22-2024, 11:43 AM   #5
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
nhedgehog... do you do anything cool with the UART/RS-232 connection to the pocketbook?
Advert
Old 04-22-2024, 12:13 PM   #6
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry no, just keep it in mind in case I brick it (again), sic.
But I do like to read with it!
Old 04-22-2024, 12:36 PM   #7
neil_swann80

Quote:
Sorry no, just keep it in mind in case I brick it (again), sic.
But I do like to read with it!
Can you force-flash the FW over serial?
Old 04-22-2024, 01:42 PM   #8
nhedgehog
Guru

Didn't try it. I did not have a deeper look into it and wouldn't do it as long as I don't have a way to safely backup and flash the board.
Old 04-22-2024, 03:02 PM   #9
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
Can you force-flash the FW over serial?
I would also be interested in that.
I know that it is possible to start an update with a swupdate command (for updating from the swupdate.bin file, which must be in the root directory), but in this case it is not a re-flash but an update.

I am interested in Re-Flash because I have a broken pocketbook that I need to reflash.
After powering on, an error is displayed:epdc_default_init ERROR cannot open eink

When holding down [ESC] key at start-up you can also get into UBOOT, but for now I didn't have time to look up how to re-flash the unity..

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 04-22-2024 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-23-2024, 12:35 PM   #10
wold
Zealot
wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Lux 5, Libra 2, PRS-T2N
Nice fix One could also consider adapting an IC clamping tool (for BIOS), provided its prongs/beaks/... reach that far.

Click image for larger version

Name:	proxy-image.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	207784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
I would also be interested in that.
I know that it is possible to start an update with a swupdate command (for updating from the swupdate.bin file, which must be in the root directory), but in this case it is not a re-flash but an update.

I am interested in Re-Flash because I have a broken pocketbook that I need to reflash.
After powering on, an error is displayed:epdc_default_init ERROR cannot open eink

When holding down [ESC] key at start-up you can also get into UBOOT, but for now I didn't have time to look up how to re-flash the unity..
Is the USB FEL mode an option?
See for example: https://linux-sunxi.org/PocketBook_Touch_Lux_3#FEL_mode
wold is offline   Reply With Quote