Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-21-2014, 11:38 PM   #1
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
kindle prime lending & kindle unlimited

Can anyone who has prime but hasn't borrowed a book this month see if they still can? I've borrowed already this month but I'm positive it used to still show that a book was able to be borrowed but then just stated I already borrowed my limit. For a book, any Kay Bratt book should be prime lending library. but thye are only showing up only as Kindle Unlmited. If not able, I guess I'm going to have to write an email to tell them something is broke.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:53 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
It's my understanding from the discussion threads on KU that Prime lending books have a Prime logo by the price to differentiate them on the website. Anyway I just fired up my Kindle Touch and was able to borrow The Scavenger's Daughters via Prime just fine.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2014, 07:51 AM   #3
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by janrey View Post
Can anyone who has prime but hasn't borrowed a book this month see if they still can? I've borrowed already this month but I'm positive it used to still show that a book was able to be borrowed but then just stated I already borrowed my limit. For a book, any Kay Bratt book should be prime lending library. but thye are only showing up only as Kindle Unlmited. If not able, I guess I'm going to have to write an email to tell them something is broke.
I was able to borrow a book yesterday.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:51 AM   #4
jscarbo
Addict
jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW2, Nook HD+, Nexus 7
There's been a lot of discussion and confusion in the Amazon customer forums about this. The Kindle Owners Lending Library (KOLL) for Prime members is unchanged. I just checked on of the Kay Bratt titles, Scavenger's Daughter, and it is still Prime eligible and thus included in the KOLL.
jscarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:11 PM   #5
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It's my understanding from the discussion threads on KU that Prime lending books have a Prime logo by the price to differentiate them on the website. Anyway I just fired up my Kindle Touch and was able to borrow The Scavenger's Daughters via Prime just fine.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. I've read 3 of the series and want to get the forth. Right now I have no need for KU as I have tons of books I've gotten free or cheap in my queue to read.

Last edited by janrey; 07-23-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Advert
Old 07-22-2014, 08:19 PM   #6
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Quote:
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. I've read 3 of the series and want to get the forth. Right now I have no need for KU as I have tons of books I've gotten free or cheap in my cue to read.
You mean in your "queue" to read, not your "cue". Completely different meaning.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:57 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
Ah, the joys of English spelling .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:43 AM   #8
janrey
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
Spelling nazi <G>
Old 07-23-2014, 11:47 PM   #9
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Spelling nazi <G>
You'd think readers would be better at the vocabulary. It aint a spelling mistake. Queue and Cue are two totally different things.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:49 PM   #10
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
cue1 [kyoo] Show IPA
noun
anything said or done, on or off stage, that is followed by a specific line or action: An off-stage door slam was his cue to enter.
anything that excites to action; stimulus.
a hint; intimation; guiding suggestion.
the part a person is to play; a prescribed or necessary course of action.
a sensory signal used to identify experiences, facilitate memory, or organize responses.
Relevant Questions
How To Make Cue Cards
How To Take Care Of A Pool Cue
What Is A Cue?
How To Hold A Pool Cue Stick
How To Dispose Of Sub Cue Syringes
How To Install Bin Cue Files
verb (used with object), cued, cu·ing.
to provide with a cue or indication; give a cue to; prompt: Will you cue me on my lines?
to insert, or direct to come in, in a specific place in a musical or dramatic performance (usually followed by in or into ): to cue in a lighting effect.
to search for and reach (a specific track on a recording) (sometimes followed by up ).
Idioms
cue (someone) in, Informal. to inform; give instructions, information, news, etc., to: Cue him in on the plans for the dance.
miss a cue,
a.
to fail to respond to a cue.
b.
Informal. to miss the point: You could tell by his expression that he had missed a cue.

queue   Use Queue in a sentence
queue [kyoo] Show IPA
noun
a braid of hair worn hanging down behind.
a file or line, especially of people waiting their turn.
Computers. a FIFO-organized sequence of items, as data, messages, jobs, or the like, waiting for action.
verb (used without object), verb (used with object), queued, queu·ing.
to form in a line while waiting (often followed by up ).
Computers. to arrange (data, jobs, messages, etc.) into a queue.

Side note: Cue is also the name of the end of a pool stick.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote