Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Sony Reader App for iPhone/iPad/iTouch

Received email from Sony today: Announcing a new service update, we’ve launched Reader™ for your iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch® available now in the App Store!

http://tx.response.readerstore.sony....871828882.3626

This is great news for me since I use my iPad for all my reading, and can now access my purchased books through the app!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
It comes with a free short story from Kim Harrison's The Hollows series, but after starting to read it, I have a feeling it takes place *after* Ever After, which comes out in January. I'm trying to confirm with someone who has read an ARC, because I hate spoilers.

Edit: Confirmed. If you haven't read Ever After you may want to wait on the short story.

Last edited by treadlightly; 11-05-2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Confirmed by ARC reader
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
It took me a while to find it in the app store on my phone, but I got it downloaded. It will be nice to directly connect to my Sony books now and then on the phone. I haven't checked out the short story, as my phone is charging.

Thanks for the info bookratt and treadlightly.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
dleach
dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony
I can't sign in because it won't accept my Adobe ID and password even though I can sign into my Adobe account on my Mac. Any ideas why?
dleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #5
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleach View Post
I can't sign in because it won't accept my Adobe ID and password even though I can sign into my Adobe account on my Mac. Any ideas why?
I'm actually having the same issue on my iPad. Glad I'm not the only one. I sent them (Sony) an email earlier. I even went to adobe to verify I was giving the correct name & password to the Sony app. On another device I started up the Bluefire reader app, and my adobe id worked fine.

I also found that I can load my Sony books into the Bluefire Reader app on my iPad...so if we can never get the Sony Reader iPad/iPhone app to work, get Bluefire!
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #6
bookratt
Wizard

Received this message from Sony about 1/2 hour ago regarding the app problem of accepting the Adobe ID:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Sony Support.

We do apologize for this inconvenience, we have detected an issue with the Adobe server that verifies your Adobe credentials, we are working on fixing the issue, so please try later to check if you can log in and confirm that the issue has been solved.

Thank you for understanding.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #7
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
Received this message from Sony about 1/2 hour ago regarding the app problem of accepting the Adobe ID:
Thanks for posting this. I've also been having the same problem, and I see from the reviews at the App store, other people have been as well. Good news is that the developers know and are working on fixing it. I was really happy to see this app and I had high hopes for it.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #8
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm actually having the same issue on my iPad. Glad I'm not the only one. I sent them (Sony) an email earlier. I even went to adobe to verify I was giving the correct name & password to the Sony app. On another device I started up the Bluefire reader app, and my adobe id worked fine.

I also found that I can load my Sony books into the Bluefire Reader app on my iPad...so if we can never get the Sony Reader iPad/iPhone app to work, get Bluefire!
I've got the Bluefire app as well on my iPad and I like it. I signed into my Sony account with the Safari browser and downloaded a few of my previous purchases, then used Bluefire to open them. I just downloaded a few books, not my entire library. Good to know if the Sony Reader app doesn't work, we can work around it.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #9
bookratt
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
Thanks for posting this. I've also been having the same problem, and I see from the reviews at the App store, other people have been as well. Good news is that the developers know and are working on fixing it. I was really happy to see this app and I had high hopes for it.
SUCCESS!!!!!!

Was able to successfully sign into the iPad Sony App just now, and all my Sony books are there to download as I like.

After getting into the app, I downloaded a book out of my library with success. Played with the settings to change the font size, which worked nicely. OMG, you can set the reader to change the brightness while you're reading, not having to go into the settings again. Swipe up or down to set the brightness as you like. I'm in love!

Last edited by bookratt; 11-05-2012 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Added comments about app after successful install of Adobe ID.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #10
Poodlemom1
Groupie
Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Glow HD, Fire HD6, iPad Air 2, Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
I've got the Bluefire app as well on my iPad and I like it. I signed into my Sony account with the Safari browser and downloaded a few of my previous purchases, then used Bluefire to open them. I just downloaded a few books, not my entire library. Good to know if the Sony Reader app doesn't work, we can work around it.
How did you get it to open in Bluefire?
Poodlemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #11
49Kat
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlemom1 View Post
Sorry, I don't quite remember. I think at some point I was given the option to either open the file or download it to/with iBooks or Bluefire.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #12
49Kat
Fanatic

Quote:
SUCCESS!!!!!!

Was able to successfully sign into the iPad Sony App just now, and all my Sony books are there to download as I like.

After getting into the app, I downloaded a book out of my library with success. Played with the settings to change the font size, which worked nicely. OMG, you can set the reader to change the brightness while you're reading, not having to go into the settings again. Swipe up or down to set the brightness as you like. I'm in love!
Same here. Downloading my library now.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #13
bookratt
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlemom1 View Post
To open a Sony reader book to my iPad Bluefire, I logged into my Sony library using Safari. After bringing up list of books, there should be a button "download now". Clicking download brought me to two buttons. Right button is "open in bluefire". Left button asks me if I want the sony reader app, or bluefire app. Pick your app, and book should download.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:28 AM   #14
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
The Sony app was written by Bluefire, from what I can see.

I had to get Adobe to send me a password reset - I "changed" it back to the exact same password and the Sony app started working. No one at Adobe or the two levels of Sony support had any other ideas on how to get it to work.

Haven't checked my Bluefire app on same iPad, to make sure it didn't get broken in the process.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:48 AM   #15
bookratt
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
The Sony app was written by Bluefire, from what I can see.

I had to get Adobe to send me a password reset - I "changed" it back to the exact same password and the Sony app started working. No one at Adobe or the two levels of Sony support had any other ideas on how to get it to work.

Haven't checked my Bluefire app on same iPad, to make sure it didn't get broken in the process.
Both my apps, Sony & Bluefire, seem to work fine on iPad after they said they supposedly worked it out.