Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #1
scotia
scotia began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
books from kobo to kindle touch

I have a kobo reader and now i also have a kindle touch. is there any way that i can transfer books from kobo to kindle. i have tried with calibre, but they are drm . any advice would be much appreciated. i purchased these books from kobo and did not know they were drm. thanks
scotia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
To get books from Kobo to work on the Kindle you'd need to download the Adobe DRM'd ePub from Kobo (not the kePub their desktop software downloads) and then remove the DRM. Once the DRM is removed the ePub's can be converted using either Calibre or kindlegen/kindle previewer.

There is no way to get them to work on a Kindle Touch with the DRM intact.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
scotia
scotia began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks for the reply. I will try that.
scotia is offline   Reply With Quote