Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-07-2007, 12:01 PM   #1
monkeyhihi
Enthusiast
monkeyhihi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Does anybody know the return policy of the Sony Style stores? [OLD THREAD]

I just received a PRS 500 for my birthday slightly more than a week ago, and now it looks like they have a new model out, which I find irritating.

At any rate, I'd like to return it, and get the PRS-505, so...

Does anyone know of their return policy?
monkeyhihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:17 PM   #2
darkstar
Enthusiast
darkstar began at the beginning.

Device: sony 500 505, kindleDX,KA1
I returned a PRS 500 to sonystyle (mailorder- I later got in on the chase $60 deal). They were great- thats why I ordered my 505 from them. 30 day return with everything in box, no hassle and they credited my card quickly.

Yes - return it and get a 505 !
darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #3
monkeyhihi
Enthusiast

That's fantastic. I was kinda worried that it might be like one of those "1 week" things.

I'm planning on returning it ASAP.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #4
bluemoon
bluemoon began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
I am fortunate to live near an actual SonyStyle store, where I recently purchased a 505. According to my receipt, their general return policy is 30 days. However, also according to the receipt, many electronic items (including the Sony Reader) are subject to a shorter return policy of 14 days. The return policy for purchases from the SonyStyle website may be different.
bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 05:05 PM   #5
tidixon
Enthusiast
tidixon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
There was a card from sonystyle that came in my order stating a 30 day return policy. The only mention of '14 days' is in reference to the the time you have to return it after obtaining an RMA number. Hope this helps,
Tim.
tidixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2007, 10:20 PM   #6
monkeyhihi
Enthusiast

An RMA number?

Care to inform me of what that is?
Old 10-07-2007, 10:28 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization

...something like that
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:28 PM   #8
Vulcan
Vulcan began at the beginning.

Device: Current - iPad2 Retired - Sony PRS700
Return Merchandise Authorization......It means that you have contacted the company and they have provided you the RMA (and approved the return rather that just having stuff show up at their door).
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:42 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'll give SonyStyle a call and find out about the return policy. Not sure if I can call on Monday, but I'll try. If not, Tuesday it is.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:21 PM   #10
monkeyhihi
Enthusiast

Returned it today, no fuss, no muss.

I went in and asked for an exchange, and didn't have to pay a restocking fee or anything. Of course, I had to pay the difference, but that applies to anything, in any store.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:23 PM   #11
pbillin
pbillin began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhihi View Post
I just received a PRS 500 for my birthday slightly more than a week ago, and now it looks like they have a new model out, which I find irritating.

At any rate, I'd like to return it, and get the PRS-505, so...

Does anyone know of their return policy?
There is a guide to Sony returns here:
http://www.returnpolicies.info/index...-a/sony-store/
pbillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #12
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
[QUOTE=monkeyhihi;103960]I just received a PRS 500 for my birthday slightly more than a week ago, and now it looks like they have a new model out, which I find irritating.....QUOTE]

The T1 has, to be fair, been out a while now....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:10 PM   #13
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
[QUOTE=carpetmojo;1897526]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhihi View Post
I just received a PRS 500 for my birthday slightly more than a week ago, and now it looks like they have a new model out, which I find irritating.....QUOTE]

The T1 has, to be fair, been out a while now....
A newbie bumped a 4 year old thread. Read the date of the OP......
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:12 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
A newbie bumped a 4 year old thread. Read the date of the OP......
And then a not-newbie replied like the OPs message was recent.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:50 AM   #15
monkeyhihi
Enthusiast

Well that's weird, I thought this thread would be long-dead by this point in time!

I've still got my PRS-505, and it still works perfectly (though it's starting to show some wear and tear at this point in time :P)