Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-13-2016, 05:18 PM   #76
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Extended battery life comes with a trade-off: it is an ounce heavier than last year's HD 8. And I think it takes up to 6 hours for a full charge, which seems slow, but probably not worse than other tablets in this price range.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:00 PM   #77
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

when i ordered the tablet i got the case, but i cancelled the case , i can't see buying the case for $30 when Fintie will have a case for it thats just as good for $10 at some point
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2016, 07:43 PM   #78
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
The Intro gives the impression the case is included! Then come to find out it $30! Add that to the cost of warranty... Just not worth giving up my Fire 10
Soo tempting because the battery good for 12 hours instead of 8
It never occurred to me the case was included. In the UK the 32GB is £110 and the case £25. I won't pay for the warranty as I will buy mine from John Lewis, when they have it, as they offer two years free as standard,
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:45 PM   #79
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
It never occurred to me the case was included. In the UK the 32GB is £110 and the case £25. I won't pay for the warranty as I will buy mine from John Lewis, when they have it, as they offer two years free as standard,
Most likely the route I will go IF I get the tablet. Last time I got the Amazon case it wouldn't hold the Fire 10. Amazon took it off the market!!!

I thought you once said you would Never buy another Amazon Ereader or Fire tablet....What changed your mind??

Last edited by Barbara1955; 09-13-2016 at 08:49 PM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:48 PM   #80
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Extended battery life comes with a trade-off: it is an ounce heavier than last year's HD 8. And I think it takes up to 6 hours for a full charge, which seems slow, but probably not worse than other tablets in this price range.
My Fire 10 is slow on PC but using wall charger is fairly fast also doesn't take long with the battery boosts.
Advert
Old 09-13-2016, 09:54 PM   #81
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
My Fire 10 is slow on PC but using wall charger is fairly fast also doesn't take long with the battery boosts.
I wanted a Fire for easy text to speech, I bought the Fire 7 and was actually quite impressed but then found out personal documents don't download to the SD card so I could do with more internal storage, I bought the 16GB. Plus I would like a better screen.

I haven't had any issues with my Amazon account since last year so I'm not quite as paranoid anymore. I wouldn't have a Fire as my main android tablet but as an extension to my Voyage and a portial for Prime it's a nice choice, as long as I don't pay too much.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 11:56 AM   #82
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Best Buy has the Fire HD 8 On Sale for Black Friday Deals
Old 12-01-2016, 12:23 PM   #83
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Just installed Google Play on my 2015 Fire HD. It was easy and I didn't even have to restart, like the directions said. I then installed Google Movies and watched one of my movies on it.

It was nice to add this functionality. I may do it to our other Fires.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:38 AM   #84
Bookatarian
Zealot
Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Can confirm the Play store now works on Kindle Fire HD8 (with Alexa update) following ebook reader and how to geek directions. No root required. Super to have the little extra functionality for one or two things I needed only available on Play.
Bookatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:53 AM   #85
jswinden
Nameless Being

The Play Store had worked on my Fire HD 6, but I guess one of Amazon's updates trashed it. Now I only get a blank white screen. Oh well, I'm about ready to through the HD 6 in the trash anyway, it is a lackluster tablet with little of merit, if anything.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:16 PM   #86
Bookatarian
Zealot
Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle Fire Deals

Some great deals this holiday season if you are in the market for a new device.
See Day 9:
https://smile.amazon.com/b/ref=s9_ac...d_i=5550343011

**I can highly recommend the Fire HD8. It's a wonderful device for the price.

Last edited by Bookatarian; 12-06-2016 at 12:26 PM.
Bookatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 01:59 PM   #87
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
The Play Store had worked on my Fire HD 6, but I guess one of Amazon's updates trashed it. Now I only get a blank white screen. Oh well, I'm about ready to through the HD 6 in the trash anyway, it is a lackluster tablet with little of merit, if anything.
I'd take it. It would probably be good for putting e-cookbooks on.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:38 PM   #88
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Was using this tablet last night and it was slow as molasses. I wonder if it's due to running google play apps on it. If the slowness continues, I'll have to uninstall.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:50 AM   #89
pgnds
Patty
pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-3, Fire 1st & 5 gen 8"
I don't have my 8 rooted and from time to time it is slow like that. I thought it was my micro card it is a 128
pgnds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:03 AM   #90
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Was using this tablet last night and it was slow as molasses. I wonder if it's due to running google play apps on it. If the slowness continues, I'll have to uninstall.
Mine's so slow these days that I avoid using it. I also installed Google Play and I'm wondering if that pernicious Mopria app is the cause. Has anyone find a way to get rid of it for good? ES File Explorer is unable to delete the apk.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote