Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
If I add the Wireless Card/SIM card from a K3-3G to my K3-Wifi; will it work?

Hi folks:

I recently did a Frankenstien swap from one K3 to another as my Kindle wasn't responding to the buttons. It worked! But what I thought was another K3-3G was a Kindle 3 Wifi Only.

So I've got the old board from the K3-3G with the wireless card and SIM card and I'm wondering if I can take it to a shop get them to detach the sim card and wireless card receiver and attach it to my K3-Wifi board. Things to note are:

1) Wireless always worked on the K3-3G
2) The hardware board on the K3-3G was REVISION A, the K3-Wifi board is revision C.
3) The K3-3G is still registered to my Kindle account.

Many thanks in advance!
=David
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
The K3 wifi is missing the socket for the wifi card, and is missing some small surface mount chips near it (which look like resistors).

Although technically possible to move the missing parts from the K3 3G to the K3 wifi, it is probably not worth the effort.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert