Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-09-2018, 06:58 PM   #421
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS
Don't get your hopes up for any new features or changes. Many of us have submitted requests via this thread for months now but the developer hasn't been involved in this thread since early April. It's a wonderful app but I think what you see is basically what you'll get for the foreseeable future. That being said, I'd love to be proven wrong.....

Last edited by slantybard; 10-12-2018 at 12:51 AM.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:11 AM   #422
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3, iPad 9.7, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedhax View Post
MapleRead uses the md5 hash of a book as its signature, and that's what it uses to tell if two book files are duplicates. This is clearly explained in their online FAQ.

If you repeatedly download the same file again and again, then the app should detect them as duplicates. I have repeatedly tried to experiment with this.

As for the GUI issue, it looks like it is an accessibility issue, i.e., system font size is not the default setting. Their What's New claims that v2.1.1 has fixed it.
The files being downloaded have the same file names but they're not identical (different file size, updated at different points in time ergo different md5 sum). I was trying to test what happens when there's a filename collision and with the version I have, it looks like it just gets stuck at processing.

I've always used the default system font size. The iPad is running the latest MapleRead SE & CE versions available for iOS 10. I think newer versions might be iOS 11+ only, though.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:42 PM   #423
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
Don't get your hopes up for any new features or changes. Many of us have submitted requests via this thread for months now but the developer hasn't been involved in this thread since early April. It's a wonderful app but I think what you see is basically what you'll get for the foreseeable future. That being said, I'd love to be proven wrong.....
Last week I emailed a bug report to MapleRead's support, and got a reply that the bug will be fixed as part of the next major release (v3.0) of the app soon.

Thus, you're likely to be proved wrong, unless your foreseeable future is rather short.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:48 AM   #424
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedhax View Post
Last week I emailed a bug report to MapleRead's support, and got a reply that the bug will be fixed as part of the next major release (v3.0) of the app soon.

Thus, you're likely to be proved wrong, unless your foreseeable future is rather short.
That's great to hear! Looking forward to the release.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote