Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-02-2018, 09:01 AM   #46
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
I have 2 books all ready in eBook format. That is, ready for the software. I simply need to proof them both once more. The only thing they lack is a TOC and enhanced typesetting. I had success with the Toc 's with practice, then withdrew the manuscripts for one last proofing. I have them both on flash sticks, or drives, for safe keeping.

My question is, can you refer someone, or a company, that is able to finish them and list them as well, on Amazon? I don't know if you accept this type of request or not Ruben, just simply putting the question out there, come what may!
Hi Corinne;

Regarding your ebooks, I can help you with them only in the technical part. What do I mean? Since I am a spanish-speaker, my english is not so good so it's difficult to me to know if a word or the grammar is correct. But what I can do is to test your ebooks to see if there are some errors with them, to fix some .css styles, to check if the semantic in the ebooks is correct, etc., etc. Regarding your issues with "enhanced typesettings", well, maybe is not your fault. That is, not all ebooks support that Amazon's feature. An ebook with svg images or svg wrappers can have trouble to be compiled with "enhanced typesettings". As I told you, it's not that you made something wrong but Amazon still doesn't have its .kfx format well refined. I can see if something can be done to enable the best view for .mobi files but I can't guarantee anything about that subject.

And regarding how to upload your work in Amazon (Kindle Direct Publishing) that is very easy and you don't have to be an expert to do it. Please, read the following links:

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/G200635650

If there is something that you don't understand there, then, ask

Kind regards to you too.
Rubén
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:14 AM   #47
Corinne
Enthusiast
Corinne once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Corinne once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Corinne once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Corinne once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Corinne once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Corinne once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Corinne once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Corinne once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Corinne once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Corinne once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Corinne once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: None
Hi Ruben. Thanks for the information and kind offer. I already have a seller's account at Amazon but haven't used it in years. I'm sure it will be fine.

I did download the kfx software and added it to the plugins, but it said it wasn't a stable, but probably corrupt download.

At any rate, just working out the bugs like everyone else. I appreciate the help and opportunity!
Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:01 AM   #48
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
Hi. I'm currently in Arizona. I am retired and mobile - born and raised in Southern California. I have written and drawn both books from a van, using a car charger. Not at all complaining. It is what it is and I happily share it. I share some of my work on my public facebook page. @corinne.kramer.988. They are simple memoirs of my personal experiences with God, since childhood. I do not have the desire to change anyone's personal beliefs, only to share my own. Uncomplicated and simple.

Yes, I looked at an external monitor yesterday. I like the smaller 21 and a half inch screen. Still thinking about it. The library does have public computers. However I wouldn't be able to use my paint shop application on them. I do still use them quite frequently. I have no doubt that it will all work out.

I appreciate the help, and I haven't given up. Just refreshing my options.

Thank you kindly!

....also, I'm not able to refresh calibre. I somehow accidentally clicked on an 'x' in edit books and lost half the contents of the edit section! ( Smile!) I've tried to reload calibre, but it says I don't have 'permission.' Lol... I'll try again at the library today.
One thing that may be of help is Sigil. It's an editor for epub format books. I use it all the time for editing epub format books from Gutenberg before putting them into Calibre for conversion to Mobi format ebooks.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:47 AM   #49
Corinne
Enthusiast
Corinne once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Corinne once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Corinne once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Corinne once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Corinne once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Corinne once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Corinne once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Corinne once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Corinne once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Corinne once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Corinne once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: None
Thank you crich70. I'm currently without a laptop altogether, but I'm confident it will all work out in the not so distant future.

I appreciate the suggestion!

Kind regards...
Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote