Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
LogMeIn Ignition

LogMeIn Ignition - is anyone using it on their iPad?

From their web page:
With one touch, you can directly control all of your computers from your iPad or iPhone. It’s anywhere, anytime access to everything on your PC or Mac – all your files, applications and desktops – right at your fingertips.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Yes-it works pretty much as advertised. We use LogmeIn at work for connecting on the road to both PCs and Macs-the iPad version is pretty well done.

I've also heard great things about Screens-apparently it's even more intuitive navigating on the iPad-but haven't tried it yet.

I actually thought I would use LogmeIn a lot when I first got my iPad-I thought I would be accessing my Mac from the comfort of the couch But really, the stuff I thought I would need Logmein for I end up doing on the iPad itself (email, checking PDFs, etc..).
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #3
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Yes, I use it nearly every day to access my home system while at work and to connect to my den computer when in my bedroom four flights up. I use it primarily to access my media server and to get connected to a remote Linode via NX, which doesn't run on the iPad yet.

I haven't had any problems with it and it performs far better than VNC.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:35 PM   #4
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplumey View Post
Yes, I use it nearly every day to access my home system while at work and to connect to my den computer when in my bedroom four flights up. I use it primarily to access my media server and to get connected to a remote Linode via NX, which doesn't run on the iPad yet.

I haven't had any problems with it and it performs far better than VNC.
Thanks (all) for the info and comments.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
As an alternate, Teamviewer on the iPad works well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #6
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
LogMeIn Ignition - is anyone using it on their iPad?

From their web page:
With one touch, you can directly control all of your computers from your iPad or iPhone. It’s anywhere, anytime access to everything on your PC or Mac – all your files, applications and desktops – right at your fingertips.
The great feature for me: It's working via 3G as well, without any fiddling with my router. I often access some Excel-Sheets from my home-archive while on the road.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote