Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-16-2018, 05:00 PM   #1
mboyaci
mboyaci began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage
Send to Kindle stopped working

Hi,

I noticed about a week ago that send to kindle stopped working for my Kindle Voyage.

I use the "push to kindle" Firefox add on from FiveFilters to send web pages to the Voyage. It worked fine until about a week ago and then it suddenly stopped working. I tried everything I could think of including renaming my @kindle.com address, adding new approved sender to the @kindle.com address, deregistering and reregistering the kindle. Nothing made a difference. I checked and the send to address on the kindle voyage is correct. I tried to send myself some pdf documents and I got an email from Amazon saying that the documents could not be delivered with no reason given why.

Then I trie to send a document from an unauthorized email address Amazon sent me an email saying that the address was unauthorized. So the documents are going somewhere but I can't find them. They don't appear on the Kindle Voyage and they don't appear on my manage your kindle page on Amazon.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mehmet
mboyaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:44 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Have you tried:
  • Send to Kindle app (for macOS or Windows)
  • use iOS Sharing, choosing Send To Kindle on your iPad or other iOS device (with Kindle app installed)
Neither of these depends on email white-listing for delivery, and the file size limit is less restrictive (50MB last time I checked).

It has been awhile since I’ve used email to get stuff to Kindle so if that is broken I would not know.

As for Send To Kindle browser plugins for Firefox - thought amazon had one (or maybe it is just for Chrome?). That might be better, again, as Amazon’s plugin knows how to get stuff to one of your devices without you having to give it an email address.

Last edited by tomsem; 07-16-2018 at 06:49 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:44 AM   #3
mboyaci

Thanks for the reply.

I did try the Send to Kindle app for PC. Same result i.e. no delivery. I don't have an iOS device so I can't try that. The Amazon browser plugin doesn't work with the latest versions of Firefox so that's out as well.

Mehmet
Old 07-18-2018, 04:32 PM   #4
mboyaci

Update:

I did a complete reset of my Kindle Voyage and reloaded everything. Still no docs going to Kindle.

Mehmet
Old 07-18-2018, 08:15 PM   #5
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Have you tried actual email to send instead of an app? Sure, you can fake your email address, but maybe Amazon is more strict now where an email comes from. If you sent it from "yourname@gmail.com" and it didn't originate from Google's mail server, it might get rejected. When I tried earlier this week I logged in my mail from browser and sent from there without problem.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:36 AM   #6
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Just a guess but maybe it has to do with the file. Have you tried building your doc with Kindle Previewer. I know by now that sometimes Amazon rejects books because they have problems, especially with the ToC structure. Safest way to find out is to load it with Kindle Previewer...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:50 AM   #7
mboyaci

I did try sending the email directly from Gmail but that makes no difference. I am also not trying to just send files. It's mainly web pages. I tried sending files as a test.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:51 AM   #8
mboyaci

I have a second Kindle Paperwhite registered to a different Amazon account. I have no problem sending webpages to that device using the same apps.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:08 PM   #9
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Did you make sure you have the ereader is set to view docs? I just used the send to kindle to send some docs and if it's not set correctly it won't be seen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	resizescreenshot_2018_07_20T09_42_12-0600 (1).png
Views:	492
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	165115  
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:21 AM   #10
mboyaci

I couldn't solve the problem so I deregistered and reregistered the reader to a different Amazon account and now send to kindle is working.
Old 08-02-2018, 04:29 AM   #11
ren41
Connoisseur
ren41 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Voyage, iPad2, iPhone 6S+, iPhone 8
I'm having the same problem - trying to send one book in AZW3 format to two Kindles and it's not arriving, nor is there a message of any kind from Amazon. It was converted with Calibre which shows the book was sent successfully.

I haven't changed any of the settings in Calibre, or the kindle email addresses and it's being sent from an Amazon authorised email. I tried to the free.kindle email addresses and the ordinary ones. I don't see anything on Amazon's preferences page to say that anything has changed so I'm at a loss as to what to do now. Has anyone got any suggestions, please? The account the Kindles are registered to is a prime account and I have a lot of fiction and reference books associated with i so I don't want to reregister the Kindles elsewhere

TIA

ren
ren41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:21 AM   #12
mboyaci

Have you tried copying them to your Kindle from Calibre directly?
Old 08-03-2018, 10:24 AM   #13
ren41
Connoisseur
ren41 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Voyage, iPad2, iPhone 6S+, iPhone 8
I haven't no - I was hoping someone would know why it wasn't working. I've tried two books now, and I haven't sent anything to the kindles for a long time, maybe a year or more. There's no reason why side loading wouldn't work of course but I want the email to work as they say it does!

ren
ren41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 12:01 PM   #14
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ren41 View Post
I'm having the same problem - trying to send one book in AZW3 format to two Kindles and it's not arriving, nor is there a message of any kind from Amazon. It was converted with Calibre which shows the book was sent successfully.
AZW3 format is not supported by the Kindle Personal Documents Service.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 02:03 PM   #15
montechristos
Enthusiast
montechristos began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note 2 (from Kindle Voyage)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyaci View Post
Hi,

I noticed about a week ago that send to kindle stopped working for my Kindle Voyage.

I use the "push to kindle" Firefox add on from FiveFilters to send web pages to the Voyage. It worked fine until about a week ago and then it suddenly stopped working. I tried everything I could think of including renaming my @kindle.com address, adding new approved sender to the @kindle.com address, deregistering and reregistering the kindle. Nothing made a difference. I checked and the send to address on the kindle voyage is correct. I tried to send myself some pdf documents and I got an email from Amazon saying that the documents could not be delivered with no reason given why.

Then I trie to send a document from an unauthorized email address Amazon sent me an email saying that the address was unauthorized. So the documents are going somewhere but I can't find them. They don't appear on the Kindle Voyage and they don't appear on my manage your kindle page on Amazon.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mehmet
I have the same issue as of mid December 2018. I thought I had reached the maximum number of documents to upload.
Now I installed the paid version of 'push to kindle' with the red icon and the black book and it worked.
It may be some rules of Google Play store apps that changed, or something else. But I don't have more time to investigate. Now it works again.

Cheers
montechristos is offline   Reply With Quote