Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-21-2018, 05:25 AM   #16
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
"Shelving" books, bypassing Calibre...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleBS View Post
@tshering
@Mrs_Often

I did't consider Pocket before; not seriously, at least.
But your reminds are interesting; this really coud be a chance fo disposable contents.

It really is. From mobile devices it's only two taps to get an article sent to your Pocket account (and from a PC browser I think only one click if you have the browser add-on installed, but I never use it so I don't know). And it turns up on your Kobo automatically if you leave Wifi on.
An added bonus to using Pocket with your Kobo: in the list view of your articles, you get the estimated number of minutes to read each article. So you can choose which article to read depending on how much time you have 😊

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8889.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	466.3 KB
ID:	165130
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 12:45 PM   #17
MicheleBS
Enthusiast
MicheleBS began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Wink Testing Pocket...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post

It really is. From mobile devices it's only two taps to get an article sent to your Pocket account (and from a PC browser I think only one click if you have the browser add-on installed, but I never use it so I don't know). And it turns up on your Kobo automatically if you leave Wifi on.

An added bonus to using Pocket with your Kobo: in the list view of your articles, you get the estimated number of minutes to read each article. So you can choose which article to read depending on how much time you have

😊
I spent the last two months, Mrs_Often, to test Pocket as a quicker way to add and read disposable articles, instead of creating single .epubs and adding them to Kobo through Calibre:

yes, it works fine. And it is comfortable.

As a difference from the regular .epubs, I see that it's not possible to highlighs nor to create notes. But this goes well with the assumption that this is disposable material, not to be saved for a long time or deeply read.

We went a little off-topic, I know, but this has been useful to me to find a valid quick alternative with Kobo. Thank you.
MicheleBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:37 AM   #18
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleBS View Post
I spent the last two months, Mrs_Often, to test Pocket as a quicker way to add and read disposable articles, instead of creating single .epubs and adding them to Kobo through Calibre:

yes, it works fine. And it is comfortable.

As a difference from the regular .epubs, I see that it's not possible to highlighs nor to create notes. But this goes well with the assumption that this is disposable material, not to be saved for a long time or deeply read.

We went a little off-topic, I know, but this has been useful to me to find a valid quick alternative with Kobo. Thank you.

I'm so glad you like it!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote