Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-14-2017, 11:50 AM   #31
RandomGiraffe
Connoisseur
RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGiraffe View Post
Thanks once again you lot for your help, I now have everything working that I need on my PW3 with 5.9.2 Only thing now is to get rid of the old KUAL icon but I will be patient
Turns out everything is not working quite as expected, as cover mode on the screensaver will not actually change the screensaver image from the previous book cover. I am using the latest screensaver and python snapshots. Any quick ideas or should I just try a little patience?!
RandomGiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:03 PM   #32
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Turns out everything is not working quite as expected, as cover mode on the screensaver will not actually change the screensaver image from the previous book cover. I am using the latest screensaver and python snapshots. Any quick ideas or should I just try a little patience?!
I see this on occasion on my kindle as well. Sometimes it is an incompatible image in the new book. You might find something in the logs if that is the case. You can check them by entering ";dm" in the search box without the quotes. This will create several files in your list to review.

Sometimes the screensaver simply seems to stop working for me. In those cases restarting the kindle solves the problem.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2017, 12:16 PM   #33
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
It is possible that NiLuJe did not pick up the patch when he last re-built the screen saver thingy.

On the forum index page, scroll to the screensaver thread title -
Click the "attachments" button (right side of title bar) -
Download the kfxmeta.zip file -
Install it by unzip'ing to the top most visible level of USB storage
(and make sure your unzip tool is set to create the directory tree stored in the archive, but not to create a top level directory named: kfxmeta -- the archive contains exactly what is required, it does not need any help from overly-helpful tools running in dumb-dumb mode).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:42 PM   #34
RandomGiraffe
Connoisseur
RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Hi knc1, I meant to say I had already tried that but no luck. Sorry that you have just typed all that out for no reason!
Old 12-14-2017, 12:43 PM   #35
RandomGiraffe
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
I see this on occasion on my kindle as well. Sometimes it is an incompatible image in the new book. You might find something in the logs if that is the case. You can check them by entering ";dm" in the search box without the quotes. This will create several files in your list to review.

Sometimes the screensaver simply seems to stop working for me. In those cases restarting the kindle solves the problem.

Dave
Hi Dave, does ";dm" just create the one lot of files rather than an ongoing debug log type thing?
Advert
Old 12-14-2017, 12:56 PM   #36
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Hi Dave, does ";dm" just create the one lot of files rather than an ongoing debug log type thing?
Yes. The logs are being created in the background, this simply makes a copy available.

If you want more details you can go into the KUAL menus for the screen savers and enable messages. This will display action messages from the screen saver as it works.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:26 PM   #37
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yup, that patch did not make the snapshots. It may still not be enough for still newer KFX variants, though .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 04:24 AM   #38
RandomGiraffe
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Yup, that patch did not make the snapshots. It may still not be enough for still newer KFX variants, though .
I did copy over that patch and have now found some covers that do work, but some still don't, so suspect you are right. If I use verbose mode for the screensavers, the error I get for covers that don't work is sometimes "S W failed to process cover" and sometimes there is just no message at all.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:59 AM   #39
RandomGiraffe
Connoisseur

It has now started working for every book cover I can throw at it!!! I think the only thing I have done since it wasn't working is play with some of the screensaver settings (eg change from black border to white, which never seems to work anyway, and turn on/off verbose logging), and also restarted a couple of times. Thanks again for all your help everyone, something in this thread must have done the trick...!

Last edited by RandomGiraffe; 12-15-2017 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:09 AM   #40
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
It would have been the "restart several times"
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:11 AM   #41
RandomGiraffe
Connoisseur

The secret of the Kindle, ancient mystery...
Old 12-18-2017, 01:56 AM   #42
unidevel
unidevel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle voyage
Can jailbreak survive on the newest version 5.9.2.0.1?
unidevel is offline   Reply With Quote