Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-04-2017, 10:23 AM   #46
Xianxia
Zealot
Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: phone
Qidian (the biggest Chinese fantasy publisher/web literature site) created www.webnovel.com and have 100+ translated novels so far on there. They are investing $10 million USD in the next few years to translate more and more of their most popular fantasy novels in China into English.

Best of all, they are free to read.

So for Chinese fantasy, there are now 4 main sites

www.webnovel.com
www.wuxiaworld.com
www.gravitytales.com
www.volarenovels.com

All free to read.
Xianxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:26 AM   #47
Xianxia
Zealot
Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On another note, history has been made.

The first ebook from Qidian (the Chinese publisher that created webnovel.com) has been released by Gravitytales, an independent subsidiary of Qidian. From the IPO listing in Hong Kong, Qidian purchased 90% of Gravitytales 2 months ago.

King of Gods: Book 1
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076VPYVQD

Zhao Feng never expected to amount to much. Coming from a small side branch of the main family sect, with only his deep commitment to hard work and perseverance to set him apart enough to allow him to be sent to the main sect for training, his prospects weren’t great. However, his left eye accidentally merging with that of an Ancient God’s changed all that in the space of a heartbeat!

Suddenly Zhao Feng developed powers and abilities beyond what he’d ever dreamed, and only his imagination (and his own arrogance) could limit his potential. Will he walk the path of a great cultivator and become one of the foretold legends or will he burn up from the heat of his own glory? Will he remain a mere fish, or become the dragon his god’s eye foretells? Find out in this first installment of King of Gods

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,111 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

#1 in Books > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > Asian > Chinese
#7 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Asian
#7 in Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Asian
Advert
Old 11-09-2017, 10:51 AM   #48
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Very cool. Thanks!
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:46 AM   #49
Xianxia
Zealot

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077Q43YNC
Demon's Diary Book 1 ebook is officially released

This book is one of the best Xianxia/Xuanhuan books IMO.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:03 PM   #50
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
I finally started to read I Shall Seal The Heavens. This is good, like, really good. Just don't expect a literary masterpiece, writing is a little meh but story keeps you reading. Very simple and entertaining. Something to read after work.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2017, 03:37 AM   #51
movingthinker
movingthinker began at the beginning.

Device: none
Recently being reading "Against the Gods Battle" and "Stellar Transformation" - but in Chinese original versions. :-)

Wasn't aware many of these 网文/仙侠小说 (web-based novels/fantasy) had been translated into English. As a Mandarin-English translator I am curious about how the translation would read like - will check them out. :-)

Last edited by movingthinker; 12-20-2017 at 09:46 PM.
movingthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:18 AM   #52
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!

If I want to download "I Shall Seal The Heavens," I have to download - INDIVIDUALLY - 1,613 chapters?

What's the best way to get this without acquiring carpel tunnel syndrome?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 04:29 PM   #53
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
There is this: https://github.com/dteviot/WebToEpub

FanFicFare also works, I think.

PS. I found them on the internet by searching for epub.
PPS. I am at the third book right now, it gets better and better. Quality of translations also rises. Considering I have read about 2000 pages, yes, I recommend this.

Last edited by GERGE; 12-15-2017 at 04:31 PM.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:46 AM   #54
Xianxia
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!

If I want to download "I Shall Seal The Heavens," I have to download - INDIVIDUALLY - 1,613 chapters?

What's the best way to get this without acquiring carpel tunnel syndrome?
Read it on the web or on mobile or on the app

https://www.webnovel.com/book/805831...al-The-Heavens
Old 12-19-2017, 11:47 AM   #55
Xianxia
Zealot

Newest licensed ebook officially release by Gravitytales

One of the best Xianxia/Xuanhuan novel
https://www.amazon.com/Way-Choices-B...dp/B0788YZZM3/
WAY OF CHOICES
Old 12-19-2017, 01:16 PM   #56
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianxia View Post
Read it on the web or on mobile or on the app

https://www.webnovel.com/book/805831...al-The-Heavens

I'll pass.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:54 AM   #57
Xianxia
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I'll pass.

Thanks.
It's not everyone cup of tea so it's okay LOL.

Way of Choices have been made into a TV series.

Here's the 1 minute trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIEYXnPbH08
Old 03-12-2018, 11:00 AM   #58
yonkyunior
Cultivator
yonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litter

Device: PRST2
I've been reading the whole crowd that..
when you started to read Chinese Novels, just start to read from title that completely translated.

Completely Translated Chinese Novel List
Quote:
1. Stellar Transformation by IET
2. Coiling Dragon by IET
3. I Shall Seal the Heavens by Er Gen
4. Child of Light by Tang Jia Shan Shao
5. Battle Through The Heavens by Heavenly Silkworm Potato
6. Warlock of the Magus World by The Plagiarist
7. Galactic Dark Net by The Plagiarist
8. More...
My Favorite
1. Lord Xue Ying by IET (the most awesome power system)
2. Mars Gravity Novels (why dont connect the myth power to real life)
3. My Wife is a Beautiful CEO (Real Life with Xianxia power, with best romance)
4. Epoch of Twilight (Post Apocaliptic theme with best sense of explanation)
5. Emperor of the Cosmos & Galactic Dark Net ( nice premise)
yonkyunior is offline   Reply With Quote