Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-18-2014, 03:11 AM   #31
Teom@n
Enthusiast
Teom@n began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
First post updated with a French hyphenation dictionary.

Teom@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 05:46 AM   #32
Teom@n
Enthusiast
Teom@n began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra H2O
How could I create Turkish hyphenation dic for kobo? I found source code of java project.
Teom@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2015, 06:39 AM   #33
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Better Hyphenation

I don't know why but with 1.13.1 your patch breaks ePubs on my Glo. There is another patch for 1.13.1, Adobe, 2-3.

http://cl.ly/2K0L1R1v3o3u/KoboRoot.tgz

Moderator Notice
Please be aware that we've received a report that an error in the file to which this links may potentially brick Kobo devices. BUYER BEWARE.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-02-2015 at 12:02 PM.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:59 AM   #34
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Better Hyphenation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGE View Post
I don't know why but with 1.13.1 you patch breaks ePubs in my glo. There is another patch for 1.13.1, Adobe, 2-3.

http://cl.ly/2K0L1R1v3o3u/KoboRoot.tgz

Be aware that your file contains additional content; namely the .DS_Store and ._DS_Store files added by OS/X.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-02-2015 at 12:02 PM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:55 AM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGE View Post
I don't know why but with 1.13.1 your patch breaks ePubs on my Glo. There is another patch for 1.13.1, Adobe, 2-3.
I'm using the hyphenation dictionary I posted with firmware 3.13.1 and it works no problem at all.

What is it that breaks your ePubs on a Glo?

Oh and don't use KoboRoot.tgz that you posted. I would not want anyone's Kobo to be bricked because it's incorrectly made. The one I made works no problem with firmware 3.11.0, 3.12.0, 3.12.1, and 3.13.1.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-02-2015 at 08:57 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2015, 04:35 PM   #36
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Hi,
Got an issue with epub hyphenation on 3.15.0. The dic seems to count non breakable space to cut the word. I got some weird things at the beginning or at the end of some hyphened words. Like :

« -
number one »

he understand-
s...

blabla-
h ?

Any idea ?
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 03:29 AM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramoisi View Post
Hi,
Got an issue with epub hyphenation on 3.15.0. The dic seems to count non breakable space to cut the word. I got some weird things at the beginning or at the end of some hyphened words. Like :

« -
number one »

he understand-
s...

blabla-
h ?

Any idea ?
Stop using kepub and use ePub. There are issues with kepub's hyphenation and ePub's hyphenation works well.

Kepub uses ACCESS and ePub uses RMDSK.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:10 AM   #38
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Hi JSWolf,
I got this issue in ePUBs ...

The problem seems to occur in french epub when there is non-breakable spaces. (which are not much used at all in english epub. In french we got one nbsp before ? ! ; » and after «. The issue also seems to occur with trailing … (horizontal ellipsis).

Last edited by cramoisi; 05-24-2015 at 06:28 AM.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:18 AM   #39
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramoisi View Post
Hi JSWolf,
I got this issue in ePUBs ...

The problem seems to occur in french epub when there is non-breakable spaces. (which are not much used at all in english epub. In french we got one nbsp before ? ! ; » and after «. The issue also seems to occur with trailing … (horizontal ellipsis).
Those are exactly the problems I see in kepubs, but I've never seen it happen in an epub.

Edit: Sorry if this sounds a bit obvious, but are you sure you don't have the KoboTouchExtended plugin installed in Calibre, which converts books to kepub automatically as they are sent to the device?

Edit2: One thing I do to help with the trailing punctuation problem in kepubs is to edit the hyphenation dictionary and make the RIGHTHYPHENMIN value larger than LEFTHYPHENMIN. It dosn't fix the problem, but it helps avoid some of the worst effects. (I use LEFTHYPHENMIN 3 and RIGHTHYPHENMIN 4.)

Last edited by GeoffR; 05-24-2015 at 07:58 AM. Reason: One thing I do ...
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:54 AM   #40
cramoisi
Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Those are exactly the problems I see in kepubs, but I've never seen it happen in an epub.

Edit: Sorry if this sounds a bit obvious, but are you sure you don't have the KoboTouchExtended plugin installed in Calibre, which converts books to kepub automatically as they are sent to the device?

Edit2: One thing I do to help with the trailing punctuation problem in kepubs is to edit the hyphenation dictionary and make the RIGHTHYPHENMIN value larger than LEFTHYPHENMIN. It dosn't fix the problem, but it helps avoid some of the worst effects. (I use LEFTHYPHENMIN 3 and RIGHTHYPHENMIN 4.)
Yeah I'm sure they were pure epubs because I uninstalled kobotouchextended a week ago and my kobo says "epub". But it's not exactly the same problems than kepubs : hyphen with trailing punctuation in my epubs are correct (where they never are in kepub). It only goes wrong when a non-breakable space or ... are involved.

My lefthyphenmin and righthyphenmin are actually 2 and 3 ; I will make them 3 and 4.

EDIT : The strange behavior with quote, ..., ! and ? (probably due to non-breakable space) is not showing anymore on 3.16.0 (updating H2O with 3.16.0 mark 4)

Last edited by cramoisi; 06-13-2015 at 08:26 AM. Reason: updating firmware
Old 11-11-2015, 03:06 AM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

For those looking for better English and better French hyphenation, look at the first post of this thread for the hyphenation dictionary to download.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:16 PM   #42
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
My current KOReader install has 26 hyphenation dictionaries in its /data/hyph/ folder, but no Turkish. Most of them include "(Alan).pdb" in the file name. The other files are *.pattern files.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:25 PM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
My current KOReader install has 26 hyphenation dictionaries in its /data/hyph/ folder, but no Turkish. Most of them include "(Alan).pdb" in the file name. The other files are *.pattern files.

Luck;
Ken
Which English & French dictionaries do you have?
Old 11-11-2015, 08:12 PM   #44
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Which English & French dictionaries do you have?
English_GB_hyphen_(Alan).pdb
English_US_hyphen_(Alan).pdb - This is the one I have selected.

French_hyphen_(Alan).pdb

It is unlikely that I will be using any of the other ones, (except perhaps the English_GB, on occasion).

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:04 PM   #45
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Is there an English GB that would work with RMDSK?