Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-06-2014, 05:20 PM   #46
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie
pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx i86+, Lenovo tab s8-50, Galaxy Mega, Transformer T100
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPrince View Post
There is significant differences in contrast between Kobo aura hd and onyx boox t68 which use the exact screen sine the touch technology
confirmed on this video by the-ebook-reader : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdjYRAy5YvE , the capacitive T68 is more yellowish than the Aura HD (which I believe has some kind of IR touch technology (?) )
pierro78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:39 PM   #47
DrPrince
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierro78 View Post
confirmed on this video by the-ebook-reader : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdjYRAy5YvE , the capacitive T68 is more yellowish than the Aura HD (which I believe has some kind of IR touch technology (?) )
So the much waited onyx boox i86 will have the best of aura hd ir with bigger screen and android....
I think it will be the best e ink reader for the near future
Advert
Old 08-08-2014, 03:40 PM   #48
luby
luby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boeye T62
EREADER-STORE. EU finally replied - the likely date for offering i86 in their store could be the end of September when Onyx is ready for mass production. So, not that far away.
luby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:21 AM   #49
DrPrince
Nameless Being

By 20th August, last trial production is completed without front light.

Mass production by September with front light.

Retail price 230 usd
Old 08-11-2014, 10:49 AM   #50
babadockia
Zealot
babadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: kobo aura hd, trekstor pyrus maxi with texet 138 firmware
it seems they could be ahead of Pocket Inkpad
babadockia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2014, 03:07 AM   #51
ST-One
Addict
ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Icarus8, Kindle DXG
They (Pocketbook) have given the beginning of September (the 8th?) as the release date/time.
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:14 AM   #52
babadockia
Zealot
babadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshesbabadockia can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: kobo aura hd, trekstor pyrus maxi with texet 138 firmware
First it was middle of july, then middle of august, and now middle of september. Somehow I doubt it
babadockia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:30 AM   #53
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by babadockia View Post
First it was middle of july, then middle of august, and now middle of september. Somehow I doubt it
Better to release it when it's right than rush it to meet an arbitrary deadline.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:44 AM   #54
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie
pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx i86+, Lenovo tab s8-50, Galaxy Mega, Transformer T100
Quote:
Originally Posted by babadockia View Post
booxtor from EREADER-STORE. EU said it might be available in their store end of september but it might only be preorder or they might just choose to make some kind of announcement for a future release around that date
pierro78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:41 AM   #55
pintu98761
pintu98761 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pintu98761 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pintu98761 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pintu98761 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: onyx boox i86
Smile purchasing onyx i86

As i discussed a lot about i86 direct from onyx international . And they are going for third and final trial on 20th aug of i86 model before mass production
and they have two model of it one is with light and other is without light.
first one has $230 and other one costs $250. I have been ordered one sample with light in $250 from third final trial production. Since they told me that all short Cummings has been sorted out and they can ship it after 20th aug from trial batch for me.
pintu98761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:01 AM   #56
DrPrince
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintu98761 View Post
As i discussed a lot about i86 direct from onyx international . And they are going for third and final trial on 20th aug of i86 model before mass production
first one has $230 and other one costs $250. I have been ordered one sample with light in $250 from third final trial production. Since they told me that all short Cummings has been sorted out and they can ship it after 20th aug from trial batch for me.
Waiting to hear from your experience with it in a days
Old 08-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #57
AscenZ
AscenZ has learned how to read e-booksAscenZ has learned how to read e-booksAscenZ has learned how to read e-booksAscenZ has learned how to read e-booksAscenZ has learned how to read e-booksAscenZ has learned how to read e-booksAscenZ has learned how to read e-books

Device: Onyx Boox i86
Quote:
Eagerly waiting for your review!

On a side note, I somewhat doubt they're gonna price it at $250 sharp for retail. 250 is a slang for "imbecile" in China.
AscenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:38 PM   #58
maxlauhk
Enthusiast
maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Onyx BOOX T68, M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by AscenZ View Post
Eagerly waiting for your review!

On a side note, I somewhat doubt they're gonna price it at $250 sharp for retail. 250 is a slang for "imbecile" in China.
LOL A side story

[URL="https://3000hanzi.com/blog/origin-of-250-in-chinese/"]

Max
maxlauhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:31 AM   #59
pintu98761
pintu98761 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pintu98761 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pintu98761 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pintu98761 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: onyx boox i86
purchasing i86

friends it will cost obviously more since it is not subsidized as kindle or kobo by their vast books, magazine ecosystem.But has definitely edge by using android os and first time used 1600x1200 resolution by any ereader. Also due IR tech they are saying significantly increased screen whiteness and touch speed.
pintu98761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:52 AM   #60
AscenZ
AscenZ has learned how to read e-booksAscenZ has learned how to read e-booksAscenZ has learned how to read e-booksAscenZ has learned how to read e-booksAscenZ has learned how to read e-booksAscenZ has learned how to read e-booksAscenZ has learned how to read e-books

Device: Onyx Boox i86
Quote:
friends it will cost obviously more since it is not subsidized as kindle or kobo by their vast books, magazine ecosystem.But has definitely edge by using android os and first time used 1600x1200 resolution by any ereader. Also due IR tech they are saying significantly increased screen whiteness and touch speed.
Quite a few online reviews say the T68 screen looks rather yellowish when compared with Kobo Aura HD, though. I am primarily concerned if the i86 will have improved responsiveness in touch screen performance and better whiteness.
AscenZ is offline   Reply With Quote