Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-11-2019, 04:09 PM   #1
Marvinator
Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Nook
Calibre not connecting to Nook BNTV460

got a new nook, but cannot get it connected.
system Windows 10, USB connected, shows BNTV460 as a drive, but Calibre cannot find it. I downloaded and installed 3.44 just to be sure, still not connected.
debug here:
calibre 3.44 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.17763-SP0 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '10', '10.0.17763')
Python 2.7.15+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.17763', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 6, 2)
USB devices on system:
(USBDevice(vendor_id=None product_id=None bcd=None devid=usb\root_hub20&vid8086&pid8c2d&rev0004 devinst=2),
USBDevice(vendor_id=None product_id=None bcd=None devid=usb\vid_0e8d&pid_2008&rev_???? devinst=1),
USBDevice(vendor_id=0x93a product_id=0x2510 bcd=0x100 devid=usb\vid_093a&pid_2510&rev_0100 devinst=3),
USBDevice(vendor_id=0x8087 product_id=0x8000 bcd=0x4 devid=usb\vid_8087&pid_8000&rev_0004 devinst=4),
USBDevice(vendor_id=0x5e3 product_id=0x606 bcd=0x702 devid=usb\vid_05e3&pid_0606&rev_0702 devinst=5),
USBDevice(vendor_id=0x8087 product_id=0x8008 bcd=0x4 devid=usb\vid_8087&pid_8008&rev_0004 devinst=6),
USBDevice(vendor_id=None product_id=None bcd=None devid=usb\root_hub30&vid8086&pid8c31&rev0004 devinst=7),
USBDevice(vendor_id=None product_id=None bcd=None devid=usb\root_hub20&vid8086&pid8c26&rev0004 devinst=8),
USBDevice(vendor_id=0x3f0 product_id=0x24 bcd=0x300 devid=usb\vid_03f0&pid_0024&rev_0300 devinst=9),
USBDevice(vendor_id=0xbda product_id=0x8179 bcd=0x0 devid=usb\vid_0bda&pid_8179&rev_0000 devinst=10))

No disabled plugins
Looking for devices of type: MTP_DEVICE
List of WPD PNP ids:
[u'\\\\?\\usb#vid_0e8d&pid_2008#60810321023544#{6ac 27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}']
MTP device: \\?\usb#vid_0e8d&pid_2008#60810321023544#{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}
{'device_version': u'1.0',
'friendly_name': u'',
'has_bulk_properties': True,
'has_storage': True,
'manufacturer_name': u'southerntelecom',
'model_name': u'BNTV460',
'protocol': u'MTP: 1.00',
'serial_number': u'60810321023544',
'storage': [],
'type': 'unknown'}
Not a suitable MTP device, ignoring

No suitable MTP devices found

Looking for devices of type: SMART_DEVICE_APP
All IP addresses {'{F51BC0C4-0A5A-420C-9989-5791CCD0E28B}': [{'broadcast': u'192.168.1.5', 'netmask': u'255.255.255.255', 'addr': u'192.168.1.5'}], '{26BFABD4-54FF-11E9-A1E5-806E6F6E6963}': [{'broadcast': u'127.0.0.1', 'netmask': u'255.255.255.255', 'addr': u'127.0.0.1'}]}
No device is connected

Looking for devices...

Devices possibly connected: None
Marvinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:17 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvinator View Post
got a new nook, but cannot get it connected.
system Windows 10, USB connected, shows BNTV460 as a drive, but Calibre cannot find it. I downloaded and installed 3.44 just to be sure, still not connected.

'has_bulk_properties': True,
'has_storage': True,
'manufacturer_name': u'southerntelecom',
'model_name': u'BNTV460',
'protocol': u'MTP: 1.00',
'serial_number': u'60810321023544',
'storage': [],
'type': 'unknown'}
Not a suitable MTP device, ignoring
The bolded line says that your Nook tablet is showing no available storage. You might try restarting the Nook and your computer.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:18 PM   #3
Marvinator
Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Marvinator has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

thanks, I'll try that now.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:37 PM   #4
Marvinator

thanks for the input, but that made no change.

Nook Shows 35% use, with over 10GB unused.
the nook is still showing up as a drive on my computer, too.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:23 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That device is reporting it has no storage available, which is why calibre refuses to connect to it.
This can usually be fixed by rebooting both the device and the computer. Also sometimes faulty/failing
SD cards cause it. If you have an SD card in the device, try removing it.

If those dont work your remaining options are:

1) Reset the device
2) Use one of th ewireless connection methods described in: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...kindle-fire-hd
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:17 PM   #6
Marvinator

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this.

After much computer work and nook work, i finally figured out that this Nook has no SD card. could that be the issue? Do I need to set something in Calibre so that it recognizes the Nook sans SD Card? Or do I need to GET an SD card for it to work?
Old 08-15-2019, 02:54 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

After much computer work and nook work, i finally figured out that this Nook has no SD card. could that be the issue? Do I need to set something in Calibre so that it recognizes the Nook sans SD Card? Or do I need to GET an SD card for it to work?
A WAG
With the device connected:
Make sure the save to device setting is to MAIN Storage (right click on the icon)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 03:05 PM   #8
Marvinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
A WAG
With the device connected:
Make sure the save to device setting is to MAIN Storage (right click on the icon)
Because calibre won't recognize the device, the Send to Device Button is not showing on the toolbar.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:51 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, installing an SD card will not help.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:29 AM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:

The SD card won't help.

One question is if you are swiping down from the top of screen and selecting Transfer files (MTP) instead of USB for charging in the notifications area? And why don't Android devices make that setting sticky?

Otherwise, I was recently helping one friend with a similar issue and we ended up factory resetting his #$%^&*(+=_) tablet before it would connect to his computer. Which was a pain restoring everything he had installed/copied to his tablet.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:42 PM   #11
Marvinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The SD card won't help.

One question is if you are swiping down from the top of screen and selecting Transfer files (MTP) instead of USB for charging in the notifications area? And why don't Android devices make that setting sticky?

Otherwise, I was recently helping one friend with a similar issue and we ended up factory resetting his #$%^&*(+=_) tablet before it would connect to his computer. Which was a pain restoring everything he had installed/copied to his tablet.
I had also read on the internet about resetting the device, which I did... no change. I tried changing the type of reader using the Welcome Wizard several times.

Then [yes, I'm an idiot] I read your other comment about charging vs file transfer. It took me a while (for future reference, Settings - connected Devices - USB - change to proper setting) but I found it.

And forgive me all, that's what made the difference. ugh, I could kick myself. In fact I did.

Ok, now I get to reload all my books and re-mark which ones were already read. Long night.

Thank you thank you thank you all.